• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good morning at Killington to wrap up a 2 week stay. About 3 inches new at the start with light to moderate snow continuing. Heavy but not too wet, and skied well on top of the groomed surfaces. Not sticky at all like others are reporting.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Biggest storm of the season at stowe 21 in 24 hours

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I just walked up to grab a coffee and take the dog for a walk. Some lifts are under wind hold here at Smuggs. The snow we got last night was more sticky stuff. Looks like we got less snow than Stowe though.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Stowe triple only, amazing wind buff and dense snow only 4 runs in 2.5 hours.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe triple only, amazing wind buff and dense snow only 4 runs in 2.5 hours.

Yeah crazy line at the triple. Line extended up past the quad which is easily 200 yards away.

I took two runs — Hayride (which was sweet) and Christie glades to Gulch. Christie hardly had enough pitch to move; Gulch had drifts that were insane.

Got down and the line was insane... decided to call it a day. Heard 90mph winds on the summit.

This is from the base of the double, so the triple is another 100, 200 feet behind me. The quad is next to that building you can see in the background.
256A5192-BDA5-48D5-93A2-6F23ADF30CE0.jpeg

:eek:

@Josh Matta , what were you on this morning? I finally found a snow condition that my SR95’s don’t destroy (super dense wind packed in woods...).

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
well, now I don't feel bad about not skiing this morning. The end of the day yesterday was really, really good but the wind was starting to crank up the volume. Between 3 and 4pm the cold air sucked a lot of the moisture out of the snow... the lack of people still skiing was also really nice.

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
6477F1F0-A2FF-4284-98F7-B3592BF046A1.jpeg Not sure why Kevin is complaining about the lift line :roflmao:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
8 runs so far people are starting to leave.....,.still triple only

TSQURD

Booting up
Skier
Decided to earn some turns with my 9 y.o. this morning near sugarbush, glad we made that call. Snow was deep & a little dense (wind pack). She kept getting stuck in waist deep on the way down & I got quite the workout setting the track on the way up. May venture over to the lifts this afternoon. Based on the amount of snow on our car and deck, I think their reporting is on the light side.

fullsizeoutput_18cb.jpeg fullsizeoutput_18c9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online