• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So I've booked a room in Wilmington, VT for the 24th-26th, and will plan to ski the 25th at Mount Snow... with the 26th up in the air... Mount Snow, Stratton, Bromley, Magic all in play (or any others anyone would recommend in that area). Looks like it might be a bit snowy that weekend!

Anyone going to be around, willing to go to Mount Snow, and want to make some turns?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Let me guess, he's neither old nor slow?

Oh, I am definitely old. 64 to be exact.
Slow? Duh, that too. You can ask Mamie.

No worries, mate. We leave no man/women behind. We always bring back the body. Well, at least mark it for patrol. :cool:

I am really easy to ski with. What can possible go wrong when you are skiing with a short fat old Asian dude who haven't buckle his boot yet.
If you ever see me lean down and buckle my boot, that would be a good time to cut out.

Can't wait for the gs turns in Taos bumps video! Should make Alain and Jean happy.

GS turns in the bumps. Did my share with Alain.
Never did them with Jean. With Jean, it's 240 short turn down the side of Porcupine.
They really know how to hurt ya.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks like a big snowfall coming Sunday-I'm seeing > a foot forecast for Sunday. Might have to play hooky Monday/Tuesday.

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
It looks like a big snowfall coming Sunday-I'm seeing > a foot forecast for Sunday. Might have to play hooky Monday/Tuesday.

I'm taking Monday off to do a last minute 3-day weekend trip to Jay Peak. Right now they're forecasted to get 21 inches Friday, Saturday, and Sunday combined. :roflmao:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm doing a day/afternoon trip to butternut today. Cloudy but conditions look decent. Getting redster xti's and kenjas tuned now so whichever they finish in an hour is what I'm skiiing for the afternoon. We will be skiiing Orford and Owls Head in eastern Quebec township this long weekend so it would be dandy if they got some snow. I planned on my ice skates but some pow would be nice.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Loon skied nicely on Monday. Love mid-week skiing!

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I'm doing a day/afternoon trip to butternut today. Cloudy but conditions look decent. Getting redster xti's and kenjas tuned now so whichever they finish in an hour is what I'm skiiing for the afternoon. We will be skiiing Orford and Owls Head in eastern Quebec township this long weekend so it would be dandy if they got some snow. I planned on my ice skates but some pow would be nice.

Ice skates?!? Haha, I don't think you'll be needing any ice skates!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Ice skates?!? Haha, I don't think you'll be needing any ice skates!

That would be nice. Bringing stormriders just in case.

Butternut is a blast today. Mixture of hard and soft packed powder. Took one run in redsters, had a blast but having even more fun on kenjas. Forgot poles at condo today so skiing pole less. Having.....so.... much... fun

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Okemo was skiing very nice today. cloudy w/breaks of sun, temps in the teens, windy on the south side with a 'cloud' from the guns. Bubble chairs were welcomed. They've been blowing lots of snow. Quantum leap was the only 'cripsy' snow I found all day. The surface was 'grippy' packed powder, my Z-90's and I were hooked up all day. Skiing alone has it's advantages like just doing top to bottom runs, ahhh it felt really good to just rip on the empty trails. I love Okemo for the groomers and it did not disappoint, many of the bump trails were mowed down, those trails have the best fall lines and the best pitch, Punchline and Ledges, white lightening were very nice.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
I haven't been to okemo in a while, has there been any change in ski traffic this season from Okemos' jump to the Epic empire?

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I haven't been to okemo in a while, has there been any change in ski traffic this season from Okemos' jump to the Epic empire?

I only go midweek so I don't see many people and I know the Mt well so I cruise around. I had maybe a 4chair wait at Sunburst and Jackson Gore lifts, all others were ski right on. They put a lot more rollers on several of the trails most likely for speed control when crowed. I like carving 'whopp de do's". Some of the lifts only have onenentry unless you are a single (World Cup to Sunburst)

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So the forecast for Sunday is looking like 8-12". How's Burke on a powder day? I was thinking it might not have killer MLK crowds.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Burke is definitely a good holiday weekend destination. They have some nice tree skiing there.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So the forecast for Sunday is looking like 8-12". How's Burke on a powder day? I was thinking it might not have killer MLK crowds.

I like Burke. Start from the mid mountain lodge where the new hotel is. The main lodge, which is a bit lower down only has beginner/novice terrain and no lifts to the top. There is a quad and an old fixed grip fro mid mountain to top. Last time I was there on a holiday powder day there were 10 minute lines for the quad in the morning and the fixed grip was not running. There is also a t-bar that goes about 2/3 of the way up. Believe me, there is no reason to ski below the mid mountain area where the summit lifts live. Some nice tree skiing and some fun trails. Burke should be a good choice.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like Burke. Start from the mid mountain lodge where the new hotel is. The main lodge, which is a bit lower down only has beginner/novice terrain and no lifts to the top. There is a quad and an old fixed grip fro mid mountain to top. Last time I was there on a holiday powder day there were 10 minute lines for the quad in the morning and the fixed grip was not running. There is also a t-bar that goes about 2/3 of the way up. Believe me, there is no reason to ski below the mid mountain area where the summit lifts live. Some nice tree skiing and some fun trails. Burke should be a good choice.

Thanks for the advice. It'll be my first time there so I'm looking forward to it. Now we just need the forecast to come true!

EDIT: How is Burke when it comes to wind holds? Forecast is also saying winds at elevation could be 15-20mph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online