• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
15-20 isn't an issue. If it said 60-70mph I'd be wondering where you are better for windholds. One things for sure, it would take a lot of wind to stop the T-Bar at Burke.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
15-20 isn't an issue. If it said 60-70mph I'd be wondering where you are better for windholds. One things for sure, it would take a lot of wind to stop the T-Bar at Burke.

I wish more resorts on the East had T-bars, even as backup/ancillary lifts, for this very reason. Jay Peak of all places could use a couple!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I love (not) riding the Green Mountain Flyer (Freezer) chair when you crest the ridge and the cold, Canadian wind blasts you head on seeking any opening or weakness in your layers.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Got to spend Wednesday and Thursday AT Mount Sunapee. Condition were a little firmer than I am used to, but its nice little hill. Some of the stuff on the front side has some pitch to it, and the vertical doesnt feel small at all, even coming from stowe. Cant wait till go back and freeski it, and explore some of their glades.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got to spend Wednesday and Thursday AT Mount Sunapee. Condition were a little firmer than I am used to, but its nice little hill. Some of the stuff on the front side has some pitch to it, and the vertical doesnt feel small at all, even coming from stowe. Cant wait till go back and freeski it, and explore some of their glades.

Haven't been in a while but Sunapee is fun. I've never been there when the south side (I think) had enough snow in the woods.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
White Heat Quad at Sunday River is down for maintenance. Silver lining is the trails will be open for hikers. Have fun everyone!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
There was enough to ski some of the woods, but I was doing PSIA understudy things.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier

We have good friends who live a couple miles from the hill and when up there we sometimes day trip up to Stowe or Burke or Killington or... It does get small after a while. Though it is fun to explore and there are some not cut glade trees that can be skied with enough base. I have been wanting to explore skiing down to Newbury, almost due east about a mile and a half from the Sunbowl Summit. My friends who ski there stick mostly to groomers and their skiing friends are racers so I have no one to show me the ropes so to speak.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been surprised how quiet this thread has been given the weekend forecast. Who's going where on Sunday?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to hear it, Marker.

Plattekill on Sunday, so long as the roads are passable.

Good luck. I'm going up Saturday afternoon so my drive on Sunday morning will only be 30 minutes but I'm still expecting it to be messy. I don't envy anyone trying a multi-hour drive in heavy snow.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are planning to take advantage of the storm and snag cheap tix to JRAD at the Capitol Theatre . It's just over 1 mile away and mostly downhill so if we get enough snow maybe we can xc to the show. Now that would be special.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Sorry to hear it, Marker.

Good luck. I'm going up Saturday afternoon so my drive on Sunday morning will only be 30 minutes but I'm still expecting it to be messy. I don't envy anyone trying a multi-hour drive in heavy snow.

Still debating whether I should grab a room in Kingston, but I'm thinking I'd still have to do the worst part of the drive in the AM anyway.

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier
Can’t break away this weekend. Going to Islander game on Sunday. Took off Tues and Wed and will be at K for the leftovers.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
take off wednesday thursday man, youll be better off

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
Will be at Jay Peak Sat-Mon if anyone wants to take some runs together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online