• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Honestly with the winds forecasted though saturday skiing will be good, if we have lifts. Wind chills on saturday are suppose to be -51.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Honestly with the winds forecasted though saturday skiing will be good, if we have lifts. Wind chills on saturday are suppose to be -51.

Where are you seeing that forecast? I just checked Accuweather and it was saying the winds would be 10 mph or less on Saturday.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Um, are you flying an ultralight?

:roflmao: No. They're brand new and I wanted to ski them at least once before I take them out to Jackson next month. I'll probably stick with the FX94's.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Quad is running right now

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
You're a life saver. I'm going to ski Sunday instead of Saturday. If that forecast holds I don't think the lifts would be running anyway.

If you can only do one day I would do Saturday

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm going to ski Loon a half day Saturday and then Sunday. I haven't been there for about 30 years. But it is close and on my Ikon. I figure I was unlikely to use those days anyway, so won't mind "wasting" a pass day on a partial day. Anybody else interested?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm going to ski Loon a half day Saturday and then Sunday. I haven't been there for about 30 years. But it is close and on my Ikon. I figure I was unlikely to use those days anyway, so won't mind "wasting" a pass day on a partial day. Anybody else interested?

I skied Loon for the first time in my life this November and now have 3 days there this year. For a small mountain it skis pretty big. I haven't encountered the crowds yet but we'll see how it is on Saturday. We're planning on parking at the south lot which has been less crowded Just so easy to get to for a day trip from the burbs.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied Loon for the first time in my life this November and now have 3 days there this year. For a small mountain it skis pretty big. I haven't encountered the crowds yet but we'll see how it is on Saturday. We're planning on parking at the south lot which has been less crowded Just so easy to get to for a day trip from the burbs.
Do you want to try to connect? I have no idea where anything is, and don't really know when I will arrive Saturday.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Friday. Posted while waiting for my boots to warm up enough to even contemplate getting my feet out.

Met up with @epic and his daughter for the morning. Suffice it to say I suck at a substantially different level then they do. But we did our duty and destroyed as much powder — and hot chocolate — as possible. Starr, Lookout and Hayride were all choice. Well, not the top of Starr which was wind blown ice.

Afternoon was spent on the warmer gondi skiing powder bumps down Chin Clip. That didn’t suck either. Definitely got windier with flatter light in the afternoon.

Time to pry off the boots...

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Approx. what time did gondola open today? I need to give my know-it-all powder chasing friend who decided there wouldn't be enough snow there or that if there was the gondola would not open some crap. But then he will just say it was too cold. lol

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Ha, same boat Kevin, waiting for the boots to warm up. I could force them off, but it was cold, I’ll wait.

Hairdryer :thumb:

Approx. what time did gondola open today? I need to give my know-it-all powder chasing friend who decided there wouldn't be enough snow there or that if there was the gondola would not open some crap. But then he will just say it was too cold. lol

Gondola would have spun at either 8:30 or 9:00. Ran all day; no wind holds. There were a LOT of tracks heading out to Angel Food.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Almost no one at Bretton Woods today either. Great conditions. Not much wind.
There was one big family group that booked their vacation some time ago, with everyone there to learn to ski. They did, but they were cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online