• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
As long as it isn't windy I'm okay with the cold. Not exactly fun but once I'm off the lift it's better. I haven't been to Stowe in a couple years so I'm looking forward to it regardless. I'm hoping to check Goat of my to-ski list. It's always been either closed or in rough shape when I've been there.

when are you in stowe?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Had a great weekend at Stowe and many thanks to Kevin for squiring us around and finding the goods. The snow today helped a ton and Josh had it right when he said "... most of your turns on soft snow". Today's white had a nice dense but dry consistency that was super fun to ski.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Wish I knew you guys were up, I was done working by 11 and decided I didn't want to wait in lines by myself so I took the day off.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Wish I knew you guys were up, I was done working by 11 and decided I didn't want to wait in lines by myself so I took the day off.

I was looking around for you and Josh at lunch, but didn't see you; figured you were both slammed. Sorry we missed the chance to join you for a few fun runs.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Daria and I will be taking a few runs this morning

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
At stowe binder?

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At stowe binder?
Yeah. Came up yesterday for my daughter to get some boot tweaks. Heading over to the mountain shortly to see if the tweaks worked. If so, then we will both be out skiing. If not, then it will be back to the boot fitter...

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We're thinking Loon on Saturday and Patriots at home on Sunday. Hopefully it's nice and cold to keep the crowds away.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If the forecast holds I plan to break out my new BMX105's on Saturday. Got them over the summer and have been itching to try them. I've never been on a ski that wide so it should be interesting ogsmile

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
If the forecast holds I plan to break out my new BMX105's on Saturday. Got them over the summer and have been itching to try them. I've never been on a ski that wide so it should be interesting ogsmile

Your skis are going to be wider than some of the trails! :D

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Yeah. Came up yesterday for my daughter to get some boot tweaks. Heading over to the mountain shortly to see if the tweaks worked. If so, then we will both be out skiing. If not, then it will be back to the boot fitter...

Did the boot tweaks work?

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Your skis are going to be wider than some of the trails! :D

I know! They're ridiculous to look at. I bought them for trips out west and I figure I'd like to ski them at least once before heading out to Jackson in Feb.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
by saturday ski of choice will be 80-88 but you should be able to find soft turns. If you want to use those 105 I think you start developing a cough, or a stomach bug, and come up wednesday.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did the boot tweaks work?

The tweaks were a definite move in a positive direction - the first feeling of optimism that she has had in nearly a year. She feels fairly confident that some additional days on snow and some fiddling with the buckle adjustments will sort things out. If not, the boot fitter gave her the feeling that he is committed to making things right for her.

So, props to Benny Wax and Inner Bootworks!

The time involved in getting a path to resolution is to some degree the result of her decreased time on snow in the past year due to work commitments, etc.

While my family and I remain committed to the idea of going to a quality boot shop for our ski boots (even if we have to travel a large distance), it is obvious that we have to take into account that some people require more visits to get that perfect fit.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
by saturday ski of choice will be 80-88 but you should be able to find soft turns. If you want to use those 105 I think you start developing a cough, or a stomach bug, and come up wednesday.

Here I am trying to be optimistic....I'll check the conditions before I head out and grab the 88's or 94's if necessary.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
wouldnt matter if 5 feet feel, by saturday its going to be packed down......well unless there is lots of wind.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
wouldnt matter if 5 feet feel, by saturday its going to be packed down......well unless there is lots of wind.

I was asking about that blog in general, not just for this upcoming week. Lots of useless websites with forecasts out there

Status
Not open for further replies.