• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Depending where you are, today might be a good day to stay below tree line. Wind could become an issue. I believe Berthoud is already experiencing gusts 90+ mph.

Yep, we skied Loveland yesterday for my wife's birthday but opted for Cooper today to avoid the wind. Virtually no wind there and it started snowing steady at 1pm, was snowing steady past Vail and all the way to the top of Vail pass and then it shut off. I waived at you as I passed Copper.:wave:

I have ankle surgery a week from Monday so we had planned on starting the trip back on Friday after skiing but checking the forecast thru the midwest, it could very well turn into a shitshow if we don't at least get thru St Louis and start heading South by end of Friday so I'm going to ski tomorrow morning and then blast off tomorrow afternoon to get close to KC. We debated plan B which was to wait until maybe Saturday after the snow stops but we'd likely be driving thru the storm with potentially icey roads from here thru Missouri and that doesn't sound so fun on a 3 day weekend. We've already received an inch in Georgetown so I'm hoping for a nice pow day tomorrow. I might get back out here in late April to test out the ankle. It's been a great trip!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
here's our forecast but take note of the warning for travel. I've never seen that before!

..WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulations of 6 to 12
inches, mainly after 3 pm MST this afternoon. Winds gusting as
high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...Grand and Battlement Mesas, Elkhead and Park
Mountains, Flat Tops and West Elk and Sawatch Mountains.

* WHEN...Until noon MST Friday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel will be very difficult to impossible
above 8000 feet.
Blowing snow could significantly reduce
visibility. Scattered snow showers will occur today, with snow
showers increasing this afternoon and evening. Snow will be
heavy at times tonight.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
And here is I-70.

6A179EFB-1504-4917-B70A-DBDA8622FF62.png

Up to 18” isn’t bad for a cycle getting no real weather press except for wind.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
well.... we had a good foot but it was dense again. In fresh snow it was pretty decent. on steeper headwalls, snow was breaking off in cinder block chunks and sloughing. Tricky snow, look at my lookers right foot, the ski was getting knocked around . the exits off the headwalls were wind affected and had some funky textures including icy patches. Good for ya' snow in spots.

ridge.jpg ridge2.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The 4 - 5 inches of heavy snow at Breck was very pleasant today. Earlier on the Claimjumper had some dishy untracked. The steeper sections in Horseshoe and upper Peak 7 were just a little too steep for it to support through the whole turn, however. Ptarmigan was just right. CJ trees were easy and fun. Tomorrow should be pretty nice if we get the predicted 5 or more inches.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Beware of sharks! That wind yesterday sure raped and pillaged some areas but still some fun, surfy snow. The next couple days should be incredible......unless you are Ron or in Steamboat. In which case your party already started!

Didn’t hit anything underneath anywhere except the normal wind scoured lips. Super dense snow and the usual suspects had way more than the reported totals.

FBB19502-7B2D-4C9C-B684-C8D6EEDEFC00.jpeg

A lot of people were struggling and sticking to the groomers, it was much more boot center to tails surfing than tips ‘n edges.

Should be a nice right side up reset for the next two rounds.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Nobody here for Chair 9 reopening, 11” at the base over 48. Prolly a couple feet of that horrible, dense, point and surf stuff up there.

FC111F66-F37C-4DBF-B234-4DA62723A30D.png

I almost went. I shoulda went. I coulda went. Just had to cancel 3 or 4 ‘things’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online