• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The 4 - 5 inches of heavy snow at Breck was very pleasant today. Earlier on the Claimjumper had some dishy untracked. The steeper sections in Horseshoe and upper Peak 7 were just a little too steep for it to support through the whole turn, however. Ptarmigan was just right. CJ trees were easy and fun. Tomorrow should be pretty nice if we get the predicted 5 or more inches.

"dishy untracked" ??? :huh:

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Coloradans are so spoiled. Don't know how to ski dense snow. :huh:

Loveland was doing their annual Valentines group wedding event at Ptarmigan Roost. Lots of groups who didn’t seem to know the mountain.

To be fair, it’s tough when you mostly can’t see outside of the trees and have snow that will eat you if you get sideways at all.

Some lines were laid down in dune ripples that you could practically pump track. Super fun in a not-so-turny style.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
yeah, its tough snow. not everyone has a selection of skis for heavy days. I actually dont have one. :eek:

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
charge your phone. :)

I feel asleep last night with it practically on my face trying to figure out how the storm was accumulating ogsmile.

There was a power outage at Loveland apparently and so the snowstake cam and CDOT cams were both out. So I bagged and didn’t charge my phone.

I shall be restored by coffee and reports that Chair 9 and the Ridge Cat were awful.

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
Damn the forecasts for WP have been turned around this year. 1-2" means double digit totals and anytime 6"+ is predicted I wake up to a skunking. A couple a times this year I've also received 8"+ of snow while the mountain 8 miles to my South only gets a dusting. So frustrating I might have to shred my dissatisfaction away!

Reactions: nay

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I feel asleep last night with it practically on my face trying to figure out how the storm was accumulating ogsmile.

There was a power outage at Loveland apparently and so the snowstake cam and CDOT cams were both out. So I bagged and didn’t charge my phone.

I shall be restored by coffee and reports that Chair 9 and the Ridge Cat were awful.

I think the storm did not pan out as forecasted. Lots of moisture yes but rain up to 9k in a lot of areas. I guess that means some cream cheese for Luv. I was going to go this morning but bailed late last night when I saw what was happening.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Yep. They are going to be my travel skis and probably daily backcountry drivers. Down Countdown 104Ls mounted with Vipecs.

:golfclap: Awesome setup!

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Damn the forecasts for WP have been turned around this year. 1-2" means double digit totals and anytime 6"+ is predicted I wake up to a skunking. A couple a times this year I've also received 8"+ of snow while the mountain 8 miles to my South only gets a dusting. So frustrating I might have to shred my dissatisfaction away!

WPMJ skied very nicely today. Some tasty leftovers from yesterday, topped by a refresher last night.

Reactions: nay
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
4" so far (6:10am) with steady snow of big, fat flakes coming down and its 10* with light winds. the past 3 storm day total is on the right.

upload_2019-2-16_6-8-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online