• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Back to weather a bit - seems like the big cycles so far this year are tied to the MJO (as Joel points out in the bit below) so we’re in for a lull if that holds.

Or as @Ken_R sez “back to summer” ogsmile.

View attachment 57553

Can’t say I’d complain since my schedule gets tighter for the back half of Nov and I’m usually game on for that lovely gap between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

It will be dry but I think itl be cold so none of that back to summer we had last season which was depressing!

Next Boobs at A Basin will be really cold. Il take the chalky snow, theres plenty of coverage so it will hold through this dry period. At least that is the forecast. :crossfingers:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Here is the official Farmer's Almanac forecast for the near future:

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 11.41.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 11.41.52 PM.png

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mikaela Shiffrin gave an update to Denver media on the snow conditions at Copper earlier today

Lady on the lift today told me she'd seen Svindal and Jansrud at Copper.

Reactions: nay

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Copper is Little Europe this time of year. Especially when we have as much snow as we've gotten.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I might need to arrange a CO trip before january...

With all the snow, it is quite likely we are going to have 4 days of speed training in December at Cooper (not Copper. I clarify because Cooper is not longer Ski Cooper which obviates the difference between the two.) 12/21 - 12/24 are tentative dates.

cooper.jpg

@Snowfan come on out and play!

Last edited:

Jason Kurth

Putting on skis
Skier
With all the snow, it is quite likely we are going to have 4 days of speed training in December at Cooper (not Copper. I clarify because Cooper is not longer Ski Cooper which obviates the difference between the two.) 12/21 - 12/24 are tentative dates.

View attachment 57655

Ah I wish I could go but ill be in new york/vermont then.

If I can make it it would probably be early december. Im thinking maybe weekend of birds of prey since that would be cool to see.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC

View attachment 57655

How is Cooper (ski) Doug? I see that it's on the Loveland pass and wondered if it's worth hitting for a day either solo or with the family just to mix things up?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
How is Cooper (ski) Doug? I see that it's on the Loveland pass and wondered if it's worth hitting for a day either solo or with the family just to mix things up?
Cooper is a family mountain. Two chairs, t-bar and lots of character. There is no snowmaking so all the skiing is au naturel. It has a long history including with 10th Mt. Division. Cooper and Leadville can be a nice weekend away from crowds.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
A-Basin opened the main front side except for West Wall and Lenawee Parks. That’s quite a top to bottom opening.

54DBE643-E6E9-4C7E-9759-E880FE525325.png

And all of these people are headed to Lenawee for sure. So much for Breck and Keystone relieving A-Basin at this point.

B289C6CF-03E2-4EDC-9C18-A5B01F2C866C.png

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^ Wow, 81" this year! So very close to the magical 90" that packs down to 30" that typically means bumps!

Yep, they are currently reporting a 27" base. 3:1 math works again!

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
A-Basin opened the main front side except for West Wall and Lenawee Parks. That’s quite a top to bottom opening.

View attachment 57696

And all of these people are headed to Lenawee for sure. So much for Breck and Keystone relieving A-Basin at this point.

View attachment 57698
Parking lot at keystone was full as I went past shortly after and I got the last spot at the basin then they started sending people down to keystone parking. Lift line was ~20 minutes and looked about the same at lenawee. I headed down grabbed a bacon bloody and came home to watch football. Talked to some folks in the bar that came up from keystone where they said the gondola line was back to the past the lift ticket windows. I'm officially ready for pass prices to double.

Reactions: nay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January