• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
^^^^ Wow, 81" this year! So very close to the magical 90" that packs down to 30" that typically means bumps!

Yep, they are currently reporting a 27" base. 3:1 math works again!

There are plenty of bumps already - Nix Nox in great shape. Cat’s Meow bumped up, too. Should all be soft tomorrow with the storm.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Weather advisories up along the entire Front Range and Contintal Divide. Looks like this may be coming in a bit stronger.

25E66607-73BF-4084-8AEA-7B7AEC5922C6.png

Smiles

Booting up
Skier
I showed my wife the pictures, and she said maybe we should head out there for Thanksgiving instead of somewhere in new England.... So, does it make sense for the family to make an early trip out for Thanksgiving? And, if so, where? It looks like the long range has it dry and then warming up. Never skied Colorado for Thanksgiving, so I don't know what/where, other than it seems that Copper has a bunch of stickchasers keeping things crowded. How crowded are the various areas, and where would people suggest we ski -- would likely ski Wednesday to Saturday. Advice would be great. Thanks. Smiles

And, my apologies if I should have made this a separate thread. Hard to tell sometimes. ~S

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Just drove up. Winter weather advisories and chain law reminders all the way up I-70. Guns audible when I parked. Pretty stoked!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
It seems that CO has some of the largest early snowfalls. If it doesn't warm up, the man made to compliment the natural will make for some good skiing.

Speaking of good skiing....

Marty and I did an easy Baldy tour today, We went up the usual way to start but detoured onto the new Nightmare on Baldy upper trail. Scenic and easy touring, but a lot longer than the directisma. We didn't try to go up too high as the snow was't all that thick and dense.

The crack of noon club was in force. The trailhead was kind of busy.

20181110_124647.jpg
Touring along...

20181110_134519.jpg
Breck and most of the 10 mile range

20181110_143026.jpg
Marty disappearing in the woods.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I showed my wife the pictures, and she said maybe we should head out there for Thanksgiving instead of somewhere in new England.... So, does it make sense for the family to make an early trip out for Thanksgiving? And, if so, where? It looks like the long range has it dry and then warming up. Never skied Colorado for Thanksgiving, so I don't know what/where, other than it seems that Copper has a bunch of stickchasers keeping things crowded. How crowded are the various areas, and where would people suggest we ski -- would likely ski Wednesday to Saturday. Advice would be great. Thanks. Smiles

And, my apologies if I should have made this a separate thread. Hard to tell sometimes. ~S

While things are good for this time of year I don’t know that I’d consider them good enough to fly in from out of state just for skiing if you don’t have a racer coming to train.

I’m planning to head to Eldora for a couple hours tomorrow afternoon.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
It seems that CO has some of the largest early snowfalls. If it doesn't warm up, the man made to compliment the natural will make for some good skiing.

Marty and I did an easy Baldy tour today, We went up the usual way to start but detoured onto the new Nightmare on Baldy upper trail. Scenic and easy touring, but a lot longer than the directisma. We didn't try to go up too high as the snow was't all that thick and dense.

View attachment 57759
Touring along...

View attachment 57760

View attachment 57761
Text me next time

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier

TheHitman

Putting on skis
Skier
While things are good for this time of year I don’t know that I’d consider them good enough to fly in from out of state just for skiing if you don’t have a racer coming to train.

I'm thinking of heading out to Eldora tomorrow too. Maybe all day, maybe just the afternoon.

I was there for opening day and conditions were pretty good.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier

I’d probably focus on Vail since they can get a ton of terrain open on a 30” base, noting the opening acreage.

As to whether or not it is worth it...that’s really a Thanksgiving question generally (early season) and if you were planning to travel to New England to ski then traveling to CO to ski could be a fun trip this year.

Just bear in mind that as good as it looks, there is still limited terrain and the good snow has the hordes out in force.

Seems everybody will have a good early opening here so there should be about as much terrain open as possible for Thanksgiving...key words “for Thanksgiving”.

I just decided to bail on tomorrow with a storm coming in because people are going to go nuts again. It’s weird needing to ski midweek in November ogsmile.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had a vacation certificate that I had to book tonight or lose.

Best option I found was a room at Copper from May 3rd - May 9th. Will be weird driving east instead of west to ski.
You'll be in the area for our annual A-basin for Mother's Day, but we're doing it the weekend before mother's day.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Heading down to Loveland for early laps. Pug-peeps, please give me a shout if you want to make some turns. I will have on a burgundy jacket with floro orange zips and burgundy helmet.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

View attachment 57759
Touring along...

View attachment 57760

View attachment 57761
Dang Doug!!!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

It all depends on the level of stoke your family has for getting on snow.
I think Colorado is looking awesome right now.

....says the girl who lives close enough to head to a small hill for a couple hours.:D
If I were in his shoes, I'd make the trip and give the family some spontaneous stoke.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
....says the girl who lives close enough to head to a small hill for a couple hours.:D
If I were in his shoes, I'd make the trip and give the family some spontaneous stoke.

Seriously — isn’t this forum basically a venue to promote potentially irresponsible decisions about skiing more and skiing better?

Speaking of, day 2 this weekend. Solo at Luv today—green jacket, navy pants, white helmet.

And maybe ski tomorrow too? Some bc laps in the frigid cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online