• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Ahh. I wasn't first all the way, but it was good just the same.

IMG_20190412_111816123_crop.jpg
CJs at 11:18 this morning.

6 or so inches over a smooth, firm base. The #Renoun Endurance at 98 under foot were pretty sweet. The soon to be reviewed Roxa cross boots (grip walk with pin fittings and walk mode) are finally dialed in and a review soon to follow (@Philpug ;).) The resistance of the snow was fun to play with; it was consistent and I was touching firm and floating with each turn. There are a really nice set of turns that I can't claim just ahead (south) of the skier at the right. I added another set that was just as sweet and fun but bigger and crossing more tracks.

My tracks are the looker's right (north) border of the large still untracked section. I had to quick turn a couple to keep from crossing the line I was harvesting next to when he changed his spacing. So much fun.

Last edited:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another great day of winter conditions. By no means crowded at all, but Friday was much busier than the other weekdays. There was a person on most chairs of the major lifts, as opposed to every fifth chair, maybe.

Great making some turns with you @dbostedo!

IMG_20190412_123441_1.jpg

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Headed to CO over Easter....4/19-4/23...Staying in Breck...will ski at Breck for at least a day, but will go anywhere conditions warrant. Here’s the family quiver ready to go.

68EEA4B5-872F-4617-9B74-3053BC8AF08D.jpeg

Thanks again to @Ron for the GrassSticks hookup....as you can see, the girls of the family have completely “bought in” to the bamboo!

Have a great Spring.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Good running into @dbostedo -- sorry I had to run so quick. Promised that lil speed demon some laps before we left and was in patrol tryouts all morning.

Conditions at Luv were far more wintery than I expected today. Felt like Feb with on-off snow all day. Tomorrow it's supposed to clear up and warm. Should be nice until it all gets heavy. Bumps and groomers for the next two days until winter storms.

Reactions: nay

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice to run into you too @jmeb ... no prob on running... I couldn't keep up in the bumps anyway. :)

Conditions were awesome. South chutes were my favorite I think.

Were you trying out for patrol?

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Conditions today at Breck were great - managed to get some really good breaks in visibility for some awesome snow in Horseshoe, George's Thumb, Dunes, and Wonderland.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Nice to run into you too @jmeb ... no prob on running... I couldn't keep up in the bumps anyway. :)

Conditions were awesome. South chutes were my favorite I think.

Were you trying out for patrol?

Did you get up 9 this time?

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Good running into @dbostedo -- sorry I had to run so quick. Promised that lil speed demon some laps before we left and was in patrol tryouts all morning.

Conditions at Luv were far more wintery than I expected today. Felt like Feb with on-off snow all day. Tomorrow it's supposed to clear up and warm. Should be nice until it all gets heavy. Bumps and groomers for the next two days until winter storms.

Supposed to be pretty windy tomorrow with base highs around 40°. I’m expecting soft to be blowing in most of the day up high.

I keep waiting to ski a manky day, but it continues to be an inverse problem of wind keeping things crispy.
We’ll see.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Nope. Vis was iffy so I didn't want to chance it skiing by myself.
Yeah, sun came out around 3:00 but left again shortly after. I thought about 9 then but chickened out being solo and did a couple laps on 8 instead.

Was hoping to do 9 Sunday afternoon when i get out there, but see the forecast of high wind then, am a bit bummed.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Was hoping to do 9 Sunday afternoon when i get out there, but see the forecast of high wind then, am a bit bummed.

Wind + fresh snow on the windward side should mean fresh blowing over all day.

That’s a forecast to get excited about, because almost nobody knows to ski it, and visibility should be perfect.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Final Little Burn bump session with my son tomorrow at Copper if anyone wants to do some laps. So sad to see it end. :(

Thankfully, Ramrod season is just beginning. :D

Edit with a tip: when we pulled in tonight there were two cats grooming Triple Treat. I've never skied that with fresh corduroy and would probably head there first thing in the morning if I didn't have a 7-year-old in tow.

Last edited:

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Talked to an abasin liftie yesterday who said that while they haven’t announced publicly, they’re planning to operate through July 5. :)

.... which is a little weird since that’s a Friday, but so many people will be off work Thurs / Friday that week that maybe that does make sense.

Anyways, maybe I can hit 40 days despite my super slow start this year, after all.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
@jmeb was right. This looked good, but beware early tracks.

FD7E686D-132A-40A7-943A-595726DCE5F1.jpeg

First Ridge Cat, and by then it was Ugly Elevens. Slightly grippy on the surface and you punched each turn with tail hold.

61ACBB44-FD84-4471-83D2-F0CF430BAA96.jpeg EC8DA2C5-8E31-4960-AE85-C506BCC006F5.jpeg

Groups after me were coming down in bunches eating sh$t. I may or may not have eaten sh$t. It was only once if I did. If.

Snowing now though, maybe some integration.

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
@jmeb was right. This looked good, but beware early tracks.

View attachment 71323

First Ridge Cat, and by then it was Ugly Elevens. Slightly grippy on the surface and you punched each turn with tail hold.

View attachment 71322 View attachment 71324

Groups after me were coming down in bunches eating sh$t. I may or may not have eaten sh$t. It was only once if I did. If.

Snowing now though, maybe some integration.

Wow, I'm surprised. It looked SOOOO good from afar. I didn't venture near chair #9 as I knew I was only going to ski a couple hours (to get home and watch my recording of the Masters), so it was just groomer zoomin' for me. Managed to boot out on Firecut, but I was safe at second. ;)

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Early morning sun made for some great turns in George's Thumb and Boundary Chutes. Way Out had some nice soft snow that resulted in these nice set of "S's", starting from the big clump of trees heading toward the trees in the foreground IMG_2891_cropped.jpg

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Wow, I'm surprised. It looked SOOOO good from afar. I didn't venture near chair #9 as I knew I was only going to ski a couple hours (to get home and watch my recording of the Masters), so it was just groomer zoomin' for me. Managed to boot out on Firecut, but I was safe at second. ;)
Got there at noon and made my way towards 9 only to find they closed it ahead of me. Weather kept changing all afternoon. Warm at base, but wind picked up and sun went into hiding up above treeline. Visibility never got bad though.

After one ride up Ptarmagian, did laps on 4 and 8 rest of afternoon. Found some slightly grippy snow in a few places that nearly tossed me, but was able to stay upright, although it probably didnt look pretty. Oh, and sastrugi forming as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor