• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Damn..didn't hit the banked slalom.

Susie

PSIA - Alpine II
Skier
No... that banked slalom course along with the bumps course looked a little too sketch for my taste... though, enjoyed the entertainment from the lift!

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Damn, that banked slalom looks great Happy end of the season everybody!

Now, what are your predictions for the next season?

I will start, lets get the really stupid prediction out of the way first- there will be some snow at some point next ski season ;-)

But seriously, what do you guys expect the next Tahoe season to be now that we got at least a one-year respite from the drought and the state of panic that gripped Tahoe ski industry for the last few years.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
View attachment 9791 View attachment 9792

Fun times with @Susie @Philpug @4ster and Alfred--don't know screen name.

Missed the Pug ski banner even though my car is the blue one directly in front of Phils car. Met @Philpug and @Susie as they were about to leave.
Also missed them on the hill. Met another local Dave -an epic guy. Skiing was actually quite good for a closing day. Couldn't decide between sades
or reverse traverse. did reverse traverse. Palisades looked super good and were going off with a lot of people.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Damn, that banked slalom looks great Happy end of the season everybody!

I will start, lets get the really stupid prediction out of the way first- there will be some snow at some point next ski season ;-)

But seriously, what do you guys expect the next Tahoe season to be now that we got at least a one-year respite from the drought and the state of panic that gripped Tahoe ski industry for the last few years.

My prediction -
  • There will be snow
  • We will ski
  • We will talk about skiing
  • We will get together with friends and socialize
  • We will ski some more

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

It is supposed to be a La Nina year. Will that bring the 800" inches we has last time? Probably not but between what we had this year, and that, would be great. What Squaw did at the end of the season with the $19.00 tickets was brilliant, it brought many skiers to the hill that would have otherwise hung their skis up, they are proclaiming Squaw to be the "Capital of Spring Skiing", I see that carrying over. Mt. Rose under new ownership? I heard a rumor that they were in escrow. Could it be Mammoth? Maybe, but that is a name that was speculated. Northstar's parking will be even more of a mess. I haven't heard of any new lifts.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Closing day at Squaw May 31, 2011 - Photo credit - @Alexzn
250887_10150619036270018_7028109_n.jpg

This photo was taken on Headwall. That is a lot of snow!!

Susie

PSIA - Alpine II
Skier
It sounds like Mammoth still has some really good skiing. Who is up for a day trip there from Truckee/Reno this Sunday Jun 5?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Little bit of rain last night....
Mountain biking is going to be off the charts!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was thinking about this time of year in 2011, coming off the LaNiña season and the difference in snow pack at Squaw compared to actually skiing Squaw on 4th of July just 5 years ago. Hoping we see this next year with the promise of LaNiña.
IMG_0969_2.JPG

Screen shot of Roundshot at Squaw today.
Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 7.46.56 AM.png
This sure looks better than it has in a few years.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wasnt that first dry year we got also a lanina?

The one where we slayed the wrod till February
No
That was the year after LaNina
We had over 800 during LaNina

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is the blob still relevant?

I would be thrilled with average. This past winter was nice and active, skied lots of powder and everything filled in nicely. More of that. More cold storms would also be great.

If someone sees BA drop one of those early midsummer observations post it here.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Im staying back east to do some more college so i predict big big snow coming your way tahoe people. You're welcome.
Miss ya already! Will need you to help keep up the east coast Pugski stoke!

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Miss ya already! Will need you to help keep up the east coast Pugski stoke!
Right now im trying to imagine how im even going to ski but i know it will happen and yeah we need east coast goodness around this place. At least i was in the right place last winter.

Sponsor

Staff online