• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If we get the El Niño year we're supposed to get??

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Tricia Your old avatar was a picture of 4th of July skiing at Squaw after an awesome La Nina winter? A La Nina is forecast. Hope we get a good one again.

Superstitions are silly. @Brian Likes Pow we'll miss you because you are not here to enjoy the pow with us. Or at least the wrod. Good luck on your ventures. We'll try to enjoy what we get. You build your life and remember skiing fondly. You'll be back.

Eric

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Eric, I thought we were getting dialed back a little, but I could be wrong. I've been wrong more than once. :D

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm always hopeful that the weather will be epic. La Nina could be wetter than normal or drier than normal. El Nino can be drier than normal or wetter than normal. Normal ocean temperature can have wetter than normal or drier than normal winters. What is normal?

You are correct that the La Nina is weakening. Still a snowy Tahoe possible. I'm still hopeful. Not superstitious but I'm sending our friends who ALWAYS bring snow up before Christmas. We'll have a fun winter.

Eric

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm always hopeful that the weather will be epic. La Nina could be wetter than normal or drier than normal. El Nino can be drier than normal or wetter than normal. Normal ocean temperature can have wetter than normal or drier than normal winters. What is normal?

You are correct that the La Nina is weakening. Still a snowy Tahoe possible. I'm still hopeful. Not superstitious but I'm sending our friends who ALWAYS bring snow up before Christmas. We'll have a fun winter.

Eric
In fact, weakening (and disappearing) La Nina indicates better prospects for another "normal" winter. As you noted, La Nina can also underdeliver.

BA is amusingly calling this phenomenon "La Nada". Which means nothing out of the ordinary. It doesn't mean nothing in regard to snow. I hope.:beercheer:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Up for Labor Day at Squaw. Busy time. Long line for the tram but the pool wasn't too busy. We were able to swim a few laps without running into anybody. Lots of foreign languages being spoken - a nice cosmopolitan crowd. Altitude training is interesting. Good vibe at the base with a wine festival going on. Fun playing on the new (to me) bike and getting needed rehab and rest for the pulled hamstring. Fun times in Tahoe!

Eric

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Tent Sale at Northstar has been crazy busy this weekend.
Maybe a sign of people getting excited about ski season???

Sponsor

Staff online