• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Welp, the time is now. Lifts are turning and the door appears open. Time to get after it, boys and girls.

I for one am looking forward to being able to break out the fat sticks and ski some pow!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We were at Northstar today and they are moving fast to get open next weekend. Squaw/Alpine is opening Thursday I hear. Kirkwood is claiming that their opening also on 11/14, that they will be the only Tahoe resort that will have beginner, intermediate and expert terrain.

TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

Skier
So, it looks like Heavenly is a go--however, I wouldn't be surprised if they get more in for the opener than they'll admit to...

I see Comet is running on the webcam, so i'd expect that run--and I would bet there'd be a couple off Dipper as well.

I know the goal would be to open the "standard" groomers on the nevada side first down to Stagecoach, and then move over off Tamarack onto the California side. Here's to hoping. It looks like the cold temps are going to give us a go soon enough here that we can get it done....

JayT

Tahoe Powder Junkie
Skier
I'll be at Kirkwood Saturday along with everyone else from the sounds of it. Sunday is starting to look good. Probably Heavenly for me since I'm staying in Stateline the night before. I'm also optimistically thinking they'll open up a bit more than they're saying...

Jasmine

My mom says I'm a level 7
Skier
Northstar Saturday - top to bottom! Woot Woot!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How many Tahoe resorts are open already, or will be by Saturday?
Squaw
Alpine
Mammoth
Mt Rose
Northstar
Heavenly
Kirkwood

Please add...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was exciting to see this on FB this morning from Squaw
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Page Liked · 5 mins ·

Winter is here! We're officially open for the 2015-16 winter season!
12241753_10153752847674044_3922449465948634011_n.jpg

Xela

On the way to Squaw
Skier
Alas, I won't be up until Dec. 12th, but I expect all of you to smooth out the rocks for me beforehand.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any of the posters in this thread that want to do some photo or video shoot, send a message to @DoryBreaux , he did the photo on our front page along with many of the action/product shots I have posted over the past couple of years.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any reports for the day? @4ster ?

Jim posted up in the How Many Days thread. I was at Northstar today and...
It was great to get the ski legs back under me. Gear of the day was the new Nordica Enforcer mounting with Dynastar Lange Look Pret Helmets of Tahoe Pivots and Tecnica Skiboots Mach 1 boots. Details on the gear will be posted over on pugski.com shortly But I will say Northstar California Resort did a great job prepping the mountain to get it open early. The snow was in mid winter condition with both Vista and Comstock open. Lines were not bad but there wasn't enough real estate open for the crowds so I got out early. It was also nice not having to download since Village Run was open.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Everyone coming into the shop is raving about how good the snow is and how cold it is. Selling lots of hand warmers today

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0139.JPG

Northstar is already looking better than it did all of last year. As @Tricia said, snow is cold and good. Even being out on a 100mm Enforcer was fun.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Chair 6 stayed on windhold all day and it was well below freezing all day so tomorrow should be the winner down here. Snow was nice and dry. I found soft deep snow in the trees and sidetracks of 11.

TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

Skier
I'm REALLY hoping Heavenly gets some more terrain open this week....especially Stagecoach. I really dislike parking down by the gondola....plus the extra drive SUCKS. I'm assuming that Northstar will get way more open in the coming days leading up to thanksgiving with the cold weather....

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm REALLY hoping Heavenly gets some more terrain open this week....especially Stagecoach. I really dislike parking down by the gondola....plus the extra drive SUCKS. I'm assuming that Northstar will get way more open in the coming days leading up to thanksgiving with the cold weather....
They are siting pretty good right now. They are blowing snow wherever they can. I doubt I will ski this weekend, just not enough real estate to put the skiers and they don't need me mucking things up.

Sponsor

Staff online