• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
I decided not to come up today. Not worth the slow drive with chain control for one inch of new snow.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Read that Big Bear only got 1". Is it worth going up there this weekend? My only free day is monday but I'm guessing lot of melting and slush by 10:30

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just arrived. Parked on summit road a bit ways down than normal. Seems like its going to be a busy day! We'll do our usual routine- ski till lunch then head home.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Snow was pretty nice today. The groomers did a good job creating some chalky conditions.

Started the day doing some laps on miracle mile, waiting for patrol to open Westridge. The snow was great, chalky and cold.
20200118_104935.jpg
Did a few laps in the park. It was one of the best setups I've seen at SS. Lots of different levels of features, a good flow to the run.

Once it got started to get heavily populated by the young-male crowd, we made our way towards chair 7. Ended up not making it though, we got distracted by chair 6 instead. First time as a family! Started off on Off Chute which was a wee bit more icy, then took Olympic to cut through to the lower moguls on skiers left of the Wall. Our last run, our DD wanted to do the bumps from the top. The top portion had bigger, harder, steeper moguls. That would be a good place to practice!
20200118_104953.jpg
As we were leaving, the lines of cars coming up the mountain seemed to have no end.
20200118_131413.jpg

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Gorgeous day at Baldy today. You could see Catalina Island out in the Pacific from the top of chair 3!
FB31179E-31F5-4B7D-99AD-ED0BB7ABC1FF.jpeg 3855C432-C227-4039-939E-A53AD871D8A1.jpeg
Groomers were good in the morning with pretty easy skiing corn snow. Off piste A.M. was frozen over chunky crust, but softened throughout the day until there were pretty good turns to be had across the mountain. There is very good coverage on groomers & decent coverage off piste. Another foot or three and it will be excellent! :snow::snow::snow:
60FE6E5E-484D-45D0-8B14-45CC8E16FEBA.jpeg 5AE14590-D582-441C-841A-0CE2C377EA76.jpeg

They were busy enough so that you knew you weren’t skiing alone, but I never had to wait more than a minute, maybe two. I kinda expected more people to be up on a holiday weekend, and there were a good number, but they were all tubing, hiking or beginners and so they weren’t riding chair 3. Overall, a pretty great day! Baldy is well worth a visit, you may come away impressed.:daffy:
B42AEAB8-B844-4886-A4A3-C6816A29F400.jpeg 7C8F6866-61CF-4D50-82A9-DB1E07B95444.jpeg

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I made it today(Monday) to Snow Summit.

Well, it was much better than I expected. Snow is still in pretty good shape. Today was slightly cooler(maybe 45ish) and skiing was good and crowds weren't too bad.

I'm glad I went after all
We were there. I looked fir you but didn’t see you.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied it backwards yesterday.

I started on Ego for about an hour then
The 3 Runs off 6 (wall, Olympic, off shute) for over an hour then
Chair 7 and 10 for another hour or so
We were with friends who weren't feeling too well so it was a slow moving day that ended early.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Hard, fast, & fun yesterday, hoping it stays the same today & doesn’t warm up too much today

R & T....

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Summit’s snow crew continues to do a stellar job grooming.
Hard & fast in the morning, springish by afternoon, all good

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Summit’s snow crew continues to do a stellar job grooming.
Hard & fast in the morning, springish by afternoon, all good
And with the low angle of sunshine, it starts to refreeze before closing. We could definitely use a storm to refresh the off piste and backcountry though. Methinks I'll hit Bear Mt. today for a change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online