• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I went up to the top of #7 @ SS yesterday. This is a pano of the half-pipe between #6 and #7 offload ramps, intended for a special event called Full Circle. Both Summit and Bear were groomed out at closing Saturday, leaving an ever so slight possibility. View attachment 96806 https://www.bigbearmountainresort.c...tail?url=full-circle&day=21&month=3&year=2020
So they finished the park at the top after the closure, ended up being a photo shoot for Snowboarder mag... even though a skier poached it first. :daffy: They made a lot of cool features and turned Timber Ridge into a big banked slalom course all the way to the top of #10. Who says you can't do park on AT gear? My tracks, 3/23/20. IMG_20200323_142425489.jpg

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
California mountain resort city won't enforce state orders

BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) — A popular Southern California mountain resort city headed into the Memorial Day weekend with a decision to not enforce Gov. Gavin Newsom’s orders aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus, arguing it has kept COVID-19 cases manageable and there has been significant economic harm.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
^^^ And that smoke is from prescribed burns. ETA, I heard today that Snow Valley is open for MTB and scenic rides.

Last edited:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
California mountain resort city won't enforce state orders

BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) — A popular Southern California mountain resort city headed into the Memorial Day weekend with a decision to not enforce Gov. Gavin Newsom’s orders aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus, arguing it has kept COVID-19 cases manageable and there has been significant economic harm.

Yup. The LA Times published the article and they have arrived. It's already crazy up here. I'm not gonna lie though; I'm sympathetic to the attitude since the governor won't even respond to a letter from the city requesting permission to implement a plan for re-opening. The city stated that it is up to individual businesses to make their own decisions and to take into account state licensing and possible consequences therein.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
TBT Covid closure steel tree bc pics from Snow Summit. I skied nearly every day of SIP until the snow melted, reaping the generous amounts of fresh Ullr bestowed upon us. These were taken March 27th. IMG_20200327_091631091.jpg Log Chute at 9:15am, I'll come back and hit this a little later. IMG_20200327_095649598.jpg I did the Steilhang and center punched Widowmaker. A boarder had booted up and come down out of the Wall after I had skinned past. IMG_20200327_104205080.jpg IMG_20200327_103944535.jpg Log harvest. IMG_20200327_113029247.jpg Side Chute was next, pick the low hanging fruit first. IMG_20200327_114032554.jpg It's ok... if it's your own skintrack. . All my rowdy friends started showing up after I put in first tracks on Off Chute, so I did Olympic next. IMG_20200327_131221809.jpg . That video was shot after 2pm, it was well after 4:20 when I went home. IMG_20200327_165108219.jpg

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
So there's a new chairlift in the Mt. Baldy parking lot. But they won't say where it's going or when.
Is it brand spanking new, or been relocated?

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So there's a new chairlift in the Mt. Baldy parking lot. But they won't say where it's going or when.
I heard that it was replacing Chair #2 (the short one) because it was on its last legs. I think it came from Idaho, don’t know what mtn though. I imagine install is probably put on hold for a while though.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online