• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 1.18.17 PM.png
dumping RAIN

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No likes for that. It's supposed to cool off and keep precipitating for a few days. Hopefully snow!

You might have cemented our options. Our Utah trip got cancelled. Staying down south looks wet. I hope I don't jinx @raytseng if we change to Tahoe.

Eric
Why did Utah get canceled? (Curious bc we are headed there at the end of the month)

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We were going the the Ski For Dave celebration of his life at Snowbasin. It was cancelled for covid19 reasons (they were expecting 1000 people). I miss Dave Goode already and will more this summer, sigh.

Eric

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 2.53.43 PM.png
turned to snow for now

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Tommi's to Jo's, or Perfect Pitches? IMG_20200312_154118038.jpg

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Well, I wound up taking Tommi's because the groomer was already out on #10. Vibizility was somewhat better than the pics show. IMG_20200312_153653521.jpg IMG_20200312_164004385.jpg IMG_20200312_164252314_HDR.jpg Tomorrow should be good!

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why did Utah get canceled? (Curious bc we are headed there at the end of the month)
For @socalgal and everyone else. By the end of March it is possible that the US will be in the midst of a major shut down (already in progress) that could last weeks. We were supposed to fly to SLC tomorrow, but canceled last night because of the potential that we couldn’t get back home a week from now, not to mention my daughter and/or parents getting sick.

Please check out this article and realize that the US is well behind other countries re: testing. The only reason we don’t have many “confirmed” cases is because we’ve tested so few people. However, that does NOT mean that Covid-19 isn’t already spreading in the the community & at an accelerating rate.

TL;DR take away from the article: number of “confirmed” cases always lags the number of actual cases, by weeks. In the US it seems like we will lag even further. Covid-19 is spreading right now, so we have to act now to prevent cases from growing uncontrollably & overwhelming the healthcare system.
BF5ABB41-9F7F-43A0-B81A-15056ED19482.png

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yup, we have been monitoring the situation super closely. We can cancel by the 21st with only a limited penalty (airbnb service few, though might even get that back) But realistically, it looks like we won't be going.

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup, we have been monitoring the situation super closely. We can cancel by the 21st with only a limited penalty (airbnb service few, though might even get that back) But realistically, it looks like we won't be going.
Yeah, it’s disappointing, as I’ve been thinking about this trip pretty much since we left Alta last March, but not going skiing in the midst of a global pandemic is such a first world problem!

Also, yes, our Airbnb & Turo car rental were super flexible and we end up getting full refunds, minus fees. I told them both we would try to seek them out again as they were both so nice, working with me over messaging.
Hope you & yours stay well!

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online