• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Error! Bear may be another week before daily ops.:doh:
It turned out that my initial intel was correct, Bear is now open daily. This was taken from the View Haus @ Summit on 11/30/19. IMG_20191130_112351917_HDR.jpg

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Rostapher It will have to be the next time around I'm afraid. I am down and out with a kidney infection - UGH. My fever was so high, I wasn't smart enough for social media. It finally broke last night. I thought ... I'll go ski... then, no I don't have the energy ... I'll wax the skis ... then no, I don't have the energy ... I'll clean off the kitchen table - now that's an achievable goal. ;) I'm on the upswing though so I'll get out there after Christmas.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
"is possible" ... hopefully the shovel guy shows up tomorrow

From Mount Baldy
UPDATE: 4pm Monday 12/23/2019
We have received 10″ to 15″ of fresh snow in the last 24hrs. The last update at NOAA calls for still several more inches to come. We are open for Scenic Rides to the Top of the Notch restaurant, Snow Tubing, Skiing & Snowboarding.

It’s still pretty thin on the Face of Chair #1 and will take several more inches of snow to be able to ski & Ride to the bottom. Chair #4 is possible tomorrow.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
That is gorgeous! I started snowboarding at Mt.High and Snow Summit many years ago. I don’t remember them being so pretty! Just lots and lots of people! Taos is my home mountain now and it’d be nice to ski SS again. Merry Christmas!

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Pat! Hope you are feeling better!
Yes, the fever finally broke and I'm feeling pretty strong. I definitely plan to ski if we do head up tomorrow. We were hoping to head up with DS and the GF but they won't fit in our jeep. Bob doesn't feel to confident of Gavin's 4WD becasue it's making a strange noise and she has 4WD but no spare. Kids! We'll see what happens. Either way we are coming home so long as it's not R3.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Baldy may be doable Monday
So long as the dude with the shovel shows up. ;)
A guy I know went up yesterday, hoping. He and two others made it up the road, but the not the dude with the shovel, they did not open. It will probably open today, after they dig out. He is going to try again, if it pops, it will be all time. BTW, Geronimo opens today, I will be there before work, or maybe I won't go to work. F work, ski now!

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Baldy got a write up today on Open Snow by powderchaser Steve. It starts... "I just experienced the most unusual ski resort in my life and chased to Mount Baldy just outside LA..."
Link to the rest:

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm trying to decide if Sunday is a safe day to go up with the crowds and all. If not, probably new years day. I figure most people will be too tired to drive up early.

Anybody else considering Snow Summit either of these days?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Baldy got a write up today on Open Snow by powderchaser Steve. It starts... "I just experienced the most unusual ski resort in my life and chased to Mount Baldy just outside LA..."
Link to the rest:
Neat write-up, but the crowds sound terrible.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm trying to decide if Sunday is a safe day to go up with the crowds and all. If not, probably new years day. I figure most people will be too tired to drive up early.

Anybody else considering Snow Summit either of these days?
We’ll be there both days. Come stay the night if you want and bring the mrs and the dog is welcome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor