• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Mountain High was going to open tomorrow, but may have backed off of that. Summit could possibly open before T-day with cold snowmaking temps. Not bad up there today considering it was bare dirt 2 days ago, just don't edge! IMG_20191121_110237496_HDR.jpg IMG_20191121_111209550_HDR.jpg IMG_20191121_114337792_HDR.jpg IMG_20191121_115441144_HDR.jpg

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll be hitting the hiking trails unless there is some miracle
Advanced terrain at Baldy/Waterman is highly unlikely, yes. But the man-made on-piste conditions at Big Bear and Mountain High will almost certainly be much better than you get in the east. If you can get up there for weekday or night skiing, it'd likely be pretty enjoyable.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Advanced terrain at Baldy/Waterman is highly unlikely, yes. But the man-made on-piste conditions at Big Bear and Mountain High will almost certainly be much better than you get in the east. If you can get up there for weekday or night skiing, it'd likely be pretty enjoyable.

Depends where you ski back East.

And depends on when. Given that Killington has been open for weeks - and doing a righteous good job of blowing and grooming, I'd say at least part of the east is far better right now.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And depends on when. Given that Killington has been open for weeks - and doing a righteous good job of blowing and grooming, I'd say at least part of the east is far better right now.
I would agree 100%. We are looking forward to the opening of a WROD or 2 next week. I also have to add that I grew up in Montreal and skiing the East. BBMR - and Mountain High - are smaller than most Eastern ski resorts and, in an average winter, get much less natural snow. We do get MUCH more sunshine however and can drink a beer on the deck on all but a few days. :ogcool:

Gr8PowerfulTim

Booting up
Skier
Snow Summit set to get more snowfall to start the season than Mammoth? That is pretty crazy. Will definitely be heading up that first week in December on a weekday to check it out once the usual crazy Bear weekend post-snow crowds die down.

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is still far enough out that it could turn into a dud but wow this has the potential to be a big start to the season.
View attachment 85172
Hey @river-z Thanks for posting that, I didn’t know that OpenSnow had that capability, until now!
Also, this a crazy forecast, but yeah still early! Maybe we’ll get a base down though‽‽

We’re looking at potentially 4 FEET for Bear & Baldy! :wag::crossfingers:

B13F3106-7A36-42F0-820F-0E656D7FF010.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January