• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So... we might be heading up to ski Thursday. Crazy? Go, no go?

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanksgiving day? Right now that is scheduled to be the heaviest snow day... keep an eye on the forecast. We are down in Oceanside, otherwise I’d say spend the night.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We were "thinking" of going from first chair till around 11. Back home early evening. Our holiday plans got canceled last minute. And David has to work Friday.

Thanksgiving day? Right now that is scheduled to be the heaviest snow day... keep an eye on the forecast. We are down in Oceanside, otherwise I’d say spend the night.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We were "thinking" of going from first chair till around 11. Back home early evening. Our holiday plans got canceled last minute. And David has to work Friday.
Keep your eyes on the weather today. If it's going to be heavy overnight, I'd probably skip that drive. There will be millions of people up there because it's a holiday week. It was already pretty crowded in town on Monday.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Keep your eyes on the weather today. If it's going to be heavy overnight, I'd probably skip that drive. There will be millions of people up there because it's a holiday week. It was already pretty crowded in town on Monday.
Yeah, I think we were just jonesing for skiing and snow. Discretion is the... blah blah blah... and all that.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I might try Sunday. I prefer monday but not sure if I can get a "sick" day in or not. I might have to fight the crowds. Roads should be clear by then too

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We will definitely be out there Monday and Tuesday. There should be some good storms coming in because I will be out of town for 10 days - leaving on Dec 6 just so you all know when the next powder day will be. :ogcool:

On another note, Snow Valley was scheduled to open today but cancelled due to white out conditions ogsmile and high winds. They also have a pretty good partnership this year. Buy their season pass for $299 and get 3 days each at Baldy, Mountain High, Eagle Point, and Brianhead among others. That's a pretty good deal for someone who doesn't have the Ikon.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
thanks for the reality slap and waking me from my work dream Fantasyland. I got sucked in by reading some Mount Baldy and Waterman reviews on First Tracks. Those are the places that are worth a visit.

I'll be hitting the hiking trails unless there is some miracle
I would bring plastic boots.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I could not go up today, but firsthand reports that knee to waist deep freshies were had. They said visibility was horrible. Still coming down.

Last edited:

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
BBMR is reporting 4 feet at resort level. The 330 is open only to downhill travel and the 38 is still closed. The 18 to Lucerne Valley is open with R3 chain restrictions and it’s R3 throughout Big Bear Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online