• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I want to go up tomorrow but im gun shy after getting skunked last Sun. Sunrise is opening all peaks this weekend I see.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
4 to 8 in the forecast for tonight through tomorrow morning, it could be decent. I’ll still probably wait until Monday to be honest.

Last edited:
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
happened to glance at the AZSB webcams like 4 AM this morning and they were running both Agassiz and GCE chairs. I wonder if this is to prevent icing? They are still running right now.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wonder if this is to prevent icing?
seems a reasonable guess, unless AZSB simply likes to waste money and energy. Doesn't look as if there was any snow overnight, but maybe there will be some fresh for tomorrow. Since I only have the cheapo weekday pass, I wouldn't go today anyway, but I'm strongly contemplating going up tomorrow ...

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Side note:

20 dollar PBR pitchers? WTF Snowbowl?

I guess we’ll be tailgating all winter.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Side note:

20 dollar PBR pitchers? WTF Snowbowl?

I guess we’ll be tailgating all winter.

last time I checked Vail Resorts was charging $12 for a can of PBR so it could be worse I guess.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
$8.50 for a craft brew on tap, not terrible I guess. PBR gives me a headache just thinking about it lol.

The glow of the groomer headlights reveals faint signs of a little fresh on the Agassiz lodge patio this morning from what I can see on the webcam.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
nippy up there this morning...
1576509878296.png

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I decided to go on Wednesday instead. @Core2 - where do you get this detailed weather information?

There is a Snotel site up on the peaks. It is on the other side of the bowl from the ski area but generally gives you a good idea of what the actual snow totals and weather is like up there. Keep in mind the resort snow stake is up about few hundred feet higher than the Snotel and on the other side of the ridge which can make a difference so often the resort will report more than what is on the Snotel.

Link: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=fgz&sid=XSCA3&num=168

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@raisingarizona The angle of the first photo has me scratching my head. Were you hiking towards Agassiz peak with Humphreys the opposite way?

Looks to me like Agassiz in the background, AZSB to the right. If you look on the far right of the photo (hard to see in the shadow), you can see the uphill track and down lower a bit of the catwalk entering the lower bowl.

Excellent photos @raisingarizona. Is that a slide in the shadows of the third photo?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Christmas week storm in the works for AZ it looks like. Hopefully it will refresh the bases for the hordes.

1576592923197.png

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Afternoon update. This is 7 day liquid precip map in inches in case anyone was wondering. What a crazy season.

1576618958230.png

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hope nobody went up to the Snowbowl today.

"As of 12:20pm 12/17 the mountain is closed due to high winds. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid