• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your product "ideas"

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A ski built with materials that changes the stiffness of the ski in relation to the speed you are going.
Renoun was kind of like that.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's actually very much a thing for sick cats or fat cats who can't lick themselves properly.

And, since those cats are usually also long clawed and in a foul mood, they're probably not paying the technician enough.

Add to that having to work knots and tangles out with a pet-safe (lickable) detergent that leaves no conditioner residue, and you're pretty much having to recruit
saints.

And also-most cats just LOVE to be submerged in water, that makes it really easy. :roflmao: :roflmao:
It is not like they start fighting for their lives when they see the bathtub or something.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just saw this yesterday. Wondering If I should invest? This is real, the sign is a couple of blocks from our home.

Hmmm.....tough call between investing in the cat wash center or Peak Skis.

Which investment vehicle to choose?!

Are the cat folks offering a vest, by chance?!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Hmmm.....tough call between investing in the cat wash center or Peak Skis.

Which investment vehicle to choose?!

Are the cat folks offering a vest, by chance?!
No vest; discount on a slightly used cat though.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
When we were all not allowed indoors during Covid, I proto’d these butt flap things with a twist. They fit an Arcade belt & had modular sliders for add on 16 ounce bevi storage.

I still rock mine whenever the weather sucks.

VladSki

Two Aperols please
Skier
A Star Wars inspired ski series:

Jedi Master - 80 mm park skis, white topsheet
Death Star - 102 mm, double titanal, front rocker, full black matte topsheet with Darth Vader-shaped anti-vibration device (based on Volkl UVO)
Light Sabre - 112 mm powder touring skis, paulownia layup, matte white "snophobic" topsheet
Chewbacca - 125 mm pow slayers, full rocker, a choice of plain white or ltd edition "Wookie" topsheet.

To be released on May 4th, 202X.

TS
M

MikeHunt

Getting on the lift
Skier
With flexible, integrated batteries which are however removable and replaceable
Thermic/Sidas can make more money coming up with a small battery standard that they can "design patent" and charge royalty from other companies than selling heated socks.

The casing should be robust enough for the pressures exerted on it. It should be small enough to fit in a zeppa heel, back of a glove, inside the padded cuff liner, or back of the helmet.

But it should be able to series if there's a need for more power and if space permits.

The hanging battery solutions for Carv and heated socks are kludgy. The batteries should be inside the gear in an ergonomic tough enclosure.

They'll sell a ton if it becomes standard for all sorts of small gear and gadgets. They should hire or poach the Boa people, who are good at partnering and imposing their standard.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Wilson 3D-print ball material footbeds - tailored rebound, tailored flex.
1701185428929.png

And finally your drippings have somewhere to go :D

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
A metal cup for pivots like the ones on the spx/Px heels so the plastic doesn’t get chewed up by poles.

jüstin!

Booting up
Skier
A binding or ski that has an insert for apple tags - I don't know anyone whose had a pair swiped while in the lodge, but I've never been able to shake the thought!

TS
M

MikeHunt

Getting on the lift
Skier
A binding or ski that has an insert for apple tags - I don't know anyone whose had a pair swiped while in the lodge, but I've never been able to shake the thought!
That insert would need a lock and key. Because if I were a thief, I would steal the ski and just throw away the airtag.

And if it were to have a lock and key for the airtag, then you should just get a lock and key for the ski. That is, a ski lock.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

This definitely has my brain gears turning...

I think I could "hide" the tags under a binding plate.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
That insert would need a lock and key. Because if I were a thief, I would steal the ski and just throw away the airtag.

And if it were to have a lock and key for the airtag, then you should just get a lock and key for the ski. That is, a ski lock.

You're assuming they would know that the tag was present. The trick is to get it in a spot that isn't obvious. I'm thinking there's a real possibility for this to actually be a feature of a binding, not directly in/on the ski.

Sponsor

Staff online