• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your product "ideas"

MikeHunt

Getting on the lift
Skier
Post 'em. We'll tell you how brilliant they are and give fair, constructive criticism if they're not.

Who am I kidding? We'll rip you a new one!

I'll start: Carv integrated into the zeppa/bootboard. Carv can call Carvboard. Takes up less space. Carv can partner, Boa style, with bootmakers and expand their market, whether skiers like it or not (like Boa).

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Post 'em. We'll tell you how brilliant they are and give fair, constructive criticism if they're not.

Who am I kidding? We'll rip you a new one!

I'll start: Carv integrated into the zeppa/bootboard. Carv can call Carvboard. Takes up less space. Carv can partner, Boa style, with bootmakers and expand their market, whether skiers like it or not (like Boa).

How about a system that replaces the buckles on the boots with cables and knobs? Crazy I know but just think about the comfort and the even tightening pressure.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heads up display in your goggles where you can see colored dots of people behind you. The color represents the speed they're going.

A radar of sorts? Imagine if this radar was paired to a launching system in your helmet or backpack that shoots mini missiles at the dots that approach too quickly and collision is imminent…

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
We have add on boot heaters with toe elements & now heated socks. How about just having stock heated liners?
Didn't Salomon or Atomic try that in a women's boot some time ago?

How about this....adjustable height T-bar. Go help this high school student with her survey, here

TS
M

MikeHunt

Getting on the lift
Skier
A radar of sorts? Imagine if this radar was paired to a launching system in your helmet or backpack that shoots mini missiles at the dots that approach too quickly and collision is imminent…
Too complicated and hitech, even the HUD idea.

Keep it simple
81nKJ8glezL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

plus

aoj9473_700b.jpg

Last edited:
TS
M

MikeHunt

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nah.here is the real deal:

View attachment 216655

Nothing complicated, just add missiles.
Sawing off ski pole handles then attaching, by welding or super glue, the bottom of the "reverse gun" barrel to the top of the ski pole shaft, is much simpler and realistic. It could be a weekend project.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A boot and binding platform design where the boot sole is shaped like a normal shoe or boot sole with wider toe and heel lugs to better match today's 80mm+ skis. Yes, I realize trying to mount them on race skis would boot out but for everything else it's long past time to go wider. 3D print the shells and liners and footbeds from a scan of your actual foot.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Goggles that can burn the rime right off the lens.

Done magically.

No battery needed.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Some of these have already some to fruition.

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
A pair of large mittens designed to go over your regular mittens/gloves for extra insulation on those really cold days. Wouldn't need to be waterproof since you'd only get them out when it's way too cold to have liquid water.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ermmm…didn’t you see the thing about missiles above?
That's a bit messier than I'd like... or maybe the invention is just having a special "dbostedo" line at every lift. Like the "singles" line, but only for "dbostedo". (Doesn't have to be me... I'm sure there are other "dbostedo"s out there.)

Sponsor

Staff online