• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your product "ideas"

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Would love to have a app that gives you directions while skiing a new hill. Kinda like any driving app, can be run through Bluetooth to speakers in helmet. Punch in where you want to go and guide’s you. I get lost all the time at mountains I’m not familiar with.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
A pair of large mittens designed to go over your regular mittens/gloves for extra insulation on those really cold days. Wouldn't need to be waterproof since you'd only get them out when it's way too cold to have liquid water.
I have these and they really warm things up, even without insulation.

Never tried these but…

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I have these and they really warm things up, even without insulation.

The only problem with the Revel shell is that no retailers in the right bottom corner have chosen to order any :(

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Would love to have a app that gives you directions while skiing a new hill. Kinda like any driving app, can be run through Bluetooth to speakers in helmet. Punch in where you want to go and guide’s you. I get lost all the time at mountains I’m not familiar with.
@RachelV

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
A pair of large mittens designed to go over your regular mittens/gloves for extra insulation on those really cold days. Wouldn't need to be waterproof since you'd only get them out when it's way too cold to have liquid water.
I've been using these for years:
dm

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Getting lost is part of the fun. Sometimes it's the whole point.

dm

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
How about expanding skis for shifting from on piste to deep pow. Thinking of something with wings like an F14 tomcat fighter jet that has wings that can be deployed to give you extra float in deep pow and retracted on hard packed snow when you want to engage the edge and go fast.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
How about expanding skis for shifting from on piste to deep pow. Thinking of something with wings like an F14 tomcat fighter jet that has wings that can be deployed to give you extra float in deep pow and retracted on hard packed snow when you want to engage the edge and go fast.

That already exist. It's call skillset.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe the equivalent of the Samsung Z Fold... when you want more width, you just unfold your skis. :)

1701109682723.png

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
A ski built with materials that changes the stiffness of the ski in relation to the speed you are going.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A ski built with materials that changes the stiffness of the ski in relation to the speed you are going.

BTDT.
Atomic Double deck series. Atomic D2 VF 82. One of my all time favorite.

1701111879133.png

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Just saw this yesterday. Wondering If I should invest? This is real, the sign is a couple of blocks from our home.

View attachment 216684

That's actually very much a thing for sick cats or fat cats who can't lick themselves properly.

And, since those cats are usually also long clawed and in a foul mood, they're probably not paying the technician enough.

Add to that having to work knots and tangles out with a pet-safe (lickable) detergent that leaves no conditioner residue, and you're pretty much having to recruit
saints.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

See above re: inflatable.

Sponsor

Staff online