• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your Personal Recipe Bitch

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did someone say cream cheese?

Cream cheese + seeded Jalapenos + wrap with bacon
Smoke on smoker / grill / oven. Cook until bacon is crisp.
Your welcome.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
lol.
I always look for a skip to recipe button.

Plus a recipe, to me, is kind of like the skier's code - more of a suggestion.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I misread the title, was thinking you were referring to a person rather than an activity or emotional state.
I thought the same :roflmao:

My sister-in-law, who is an amazing cook, refers to herself (even in milspouse cookbooks) as the "Kitchen Bitch". So there's that. There's also the Biscuit Bitch in Seattle (I'd hazard to guess you've been there??)

Sometimes, I'm the Bitch in the Kitchen. Just ask Bryce! Galley kitchens suck. "Thanks for unloading the dishwasher, but you areinmyway!"

And yes, the online recipes that tell some great story, oooh and ahhhh over the final product or certain ingredients. I guess that's why I still have cookbooks.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Biggest recipe pet peeve is any bread recipe that is in volume measurement. Being someone who baked bread professionally everything is by weight, even the water 100% of the time! Unless the recipe is passed down from your great grandmother or something you don’t want a bread recipe from someone that is a cup of this, 1/8 cup of that, 1 T of whatever. It won’t be consistent and it will never scale up or down correctly. ///end rant

Family recipe for short bread - aka Scotland, is in lbs. 4 lbs of flour is how it starts. That's a lot of shortbread cookies!

Even the print recipe button is so far down and usually hidden in the recipe screen

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Dear Internet Recipe Publishers,

1. You were obviously smoking crack when you wrote this. Did anyone actually TEST it?
  2. Please. Just give me the recipe. Don't explain why it's so important to world peace. Don't offer to build me a shopping list. I don't care about the antioxidants. Above all, do not make me watch a video.
  3. If you honestly think cream cheese has any place other than on top of a bagel, we're through, baby, we're through.
....AND ANOTHER THING.

Put all the ingredients in one place where I can screenshot the whole list with my mobile device. Don't sprinkle the ingredients all over the place or with ads inside the list. Grumble.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My strategy: 1) scroll to ingredients and recipe. 2) decide if recipe seems worthwhile and/or if I have the ingredients or interesting substitutes. 3) copy and paste ingredients/recipe into word document. 4) close browser and contemplate world peace while cooking.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have the Paprika recipe app and love it. Its ability to decode the recipe on a website and suck it into the program is amazing.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
:roflmao:Sounds ... scratchy! I do love the plain ones, but the flavored ones can kiss the same.

Hmmmm... scratchy and flavored.
Are you talking about Triscuits or ... :duck: :ogbiggrin:

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Paprika recipe app and love it. Its ability to decode the recipe on a website and suck it into the program is amazing.
I need to check that out. Thanks.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Above all, do not make me watch a video.
While I am with @Tony S in spirit, this particular one is not always the case. St. Kenji of Lopez-Alt, who in my view has to be the patron saint of all home cooks, has a truly amazing recipe for Thanksgiving called "Deep fried sous vide turkey porchetta". While it is probably theoretically possible to follow the recipe first time round, the video (showing how to skin the turkey breast, cut it, dry brine it, and then rewrap the skin around the now cylindrical breast) is extremely useful ...

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My strategy: 1) scroll to ingredients and recipe. 2) decide if recipe seems worthwhile and/or if I have the ingredients or interesting substitutes. 3) copy and paste ingredients/recipe into word document. 4) close browser and contemplate world peace while cooking.
Yes, this is exactly what I do. Even now that I am retired, I just don’t have time to watch a cooking video! I remember my mother cooking while watching cooking shows. That rarely ended well!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was with you ... right up to the cream cheese. Cream cheese frosting on carrot cake! Peanut butter pie! Cheesecake! C'mon!
Cream cheese (8 oz) and a container of marshmallow whip makes a great fruit dip. Sooooo good.
Dipping pretzels in it is also good. salty sweet kind of vibe.

Cream cheese and green chiles stirred up and eaten by the tablespoon, I mean, that's legitimate, right? Asking for a friend.
I have a bean dip recipe that has a block of cream cheese in it with hot chiles and chili powder. I'll have to make it some time when we have a get together.

Do you remember when @Dsloan made the cream cheese and wasabi with soy sauce and sesame seeds, rice crackers on the side?
That was really good.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
While I am with @Tony S in spirit, this particular one is not always the case. St. Kenji of Lopez-Alt, who in my view has to be the patron saint of all home cooks, has a truly amazing recipe for Thanksgiving called "Deep fried sous vide turkey porchetta". While it is probably theoretically possible to follow the recipe first time round, the video (showing how to skin the turkey breast, cut it, dry brine it, and then rewrap the skin around the now cylindrical breast) is extremely useful ...
Yes. Of course there are certain corner cases where a video can be priceless (in a good way). The posts I'm talking about are generally made by people who are unaware of either sous vide or porchetta, but are all too aware of "Sponsored by PAM" influencer points.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Cream cheese (8 oz) and a container of marshmallow whip makes a great fruit dip. Sooooo good.
Dipping pretzels in it is also good. salty sweet kind of vibe.

I have a bean dip recipe that has a block of cream cheese in it with hot chiles and chili powder. I'll have to make it some time when we have a get together.

Do you remember when @Dsloan made the cream cheese and wasabi with soy sauce and sesame seeds, rice crackers on the side?
That was really good.
Tricia has been conspiring with my ex-mother-in-law's ghost to send me running out the door moaning "no no no no no." It's working. Throwing in that reference to marshmallow whip was evil genius.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia has been conspiring with my ex-mother-in-law's ghost to send me running out the door moaning "no no no no no." It's working. Throwing in that reference to marshmallow whip was evil genius.
Cream cheese and marshmallow whip is really really good for a pretzel dip.
Try it!

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Attachments

• 71bB5w1p0KL._SX425_.jpg
    71bB5w1p0KL._SX425_.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3

Sponsor