• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My average is 1 a week because I’m really close to my goal so when I go up a lb at this point if’s More annoying than usual. OTH - switching to WW did get the scale dropping again!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My average is 1 a week because I’m really close to my goal so when I go up a lb at this point if’s More annoying than usual. OTH - switching to WW did get the scale dropping again!
If I can lose between 1 and 2 a week I'm happy.
And besides that, I'm biking and hiking a lot more so I feel a lot more solid and the inches are dropping which makes me feel awesome. Its not all about the scale.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No more weight lost this week due to work travel but down another 1/2 inch in the hips. I’ll take it. I need to start adding in some core work but I’ve been focused on all 3 bikes and stretching. I also did some run/walk and strength work in the hotel gym. When I am working out diligently I tend to eat better as well.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I pulled my bike shorts on this morning and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I am actually developing thigh gap, which is something I never thought I would say.

This thigh gap was not "real" thigh gap because my feet were in a relaxed stance but still, it is a sign of how strong and toned my legs are getting. For the record, thigh gap is not on my radar, but a more toned me is definitely on my radar.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thigh gap might be a desirable if only to avoid chub rub.

I made a good picadillo with ground turkey today. Ground turkey can be tasty with enough spices/seasonings and is fairly low in calories.

Before I was sidelined with back & hip issues last year, I felt like my weight and nutrition were limiting my workout performance, so imho eating well does fuel the bod.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thigh gap might be a desirable if only to avoid chub rub.
Okay... you just made me laugh. I had not heard that term and well....I've experienced it.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hard boiled eggs are good to keep around.
Fruit, fruit and more fruit. Bananas for sure.
Track everything...it keeps you accountable. Quite frankly...we have trouble using all of our points for food and tend to have 10-15 left by the end of the day for drinks...and we are still losing weight.
You will hear a lot about Built Bars, they are an aquired taste, the texture is marshmallow like but the flavors are very good.

That's good news. I just ordered some Built Bars because they are low in both calories and carbs. After I had ordered but before they shipped, I saw an announcement that they now have mocha bars. This is my absolutely favorite flavor. I got in touch with them and substituted in some mocha bars. It's nice that they have such a selection of flavors.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Today was National Ice Cream day and I didn't partake, which was fortunate for me because my low points day left me with 12 points to use for this, which was sorely needed after the crazy day at the bike shop.
Nice sunset peaking over the top of our yard boundary
IMG_0111.jpeg

and a whiskey (9 pts) in the hot tub.
IMG_0113.jpeg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You got to keep BodyGlide on hand for those occasions!
Fortunately for me, the bike shop carries it and I get a discount. ;)

Suzski

Putting on skis
Skier
My turn to gain a pound- even though I was very, very good this week. How good? It was Vacation Bible School week so treats were everywhere - cupcakes, muffins, danish, Chex mix, ICE CREAM SUNDAES, pizza, etc. None of it crossed my lips; I stuck to fresh fruit. I am feeling like I should have gone ahead and had the ice cream sundae. GRRRR!

It is never too late for an ice cream sundae.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been really good about what I'm eating and drinking but have been having some cravings for things like a hot dog on a bun, a fried egg sandwich...
I gave into those cravings, and tracked the points and all of a sudden the scale is budging again.

Sometimes you just have to indulge without over indulging and let your body do what it needs to do.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
What's wrong with the egg sammie? Egg fried with non-stick spray- 0 sp, light english muffin- 2 sp, 1 or 2 slices of canadian bacon- 1 sp, top with sliced tomato and either fresh basil or cilantro. That brings you up to 3 sp. Still a little room in the equation to add a few slices of avocado or a low-fat American cheese slice for an extra point if you want.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What's wrong with the egg sammie? Egg fried with non-stick spray- 0 sp, light english muffin- 2 sp, 1 or 2 slices of canadian bacon- 1 sp, top with sliced tomato and either fresh basil or cilantro. That brings you up to 3 sp. Still a little room in the equation to add a few slices of avocado or a low-fat American cheese slice for an extra point if you want.
Nothing wrong with the egg sammie, but its more points that I usually consume for breakfast because I like to ease into using early in the day just in case I indulge later ;)

My egg sandwich was 2 eggs, non stick spray, 1 tbs mayonnaise (3sp), Oroweat sandwich thins (4sp), Coffee with cream (2sp) - A 9 SP breakfast is pretty big for me, but it worked out and I never really got hungry through the day.
One of the things I find in this program is that I would rather eat the "real deal" like mayonnaise because its creamier than the olive oil or light version so I end up using less of it and enjoy it more.
I'd have been fine with an english muffin if I'd had some on hand, but I had the Oroweat thins because that's what I like to use for things like tuna sandwiches and such.

I have to say, I really enjoyed my hot dog yesterday, and today I'm craving a salad. Go figure :)

I did buy some Enlightened Mint Chip Swirl ice cream bars and really enjoyed them. 1 bar - 3 SP
I'm particular about ice cream and these get my :thumb:
Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 8.32.52 AM.png

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
fullsizeoutput_77e4.jpeg

I started the day at 190lb (which was my lowest weight since starting WW), I went for a 2 hour 20 min medium intensity mountain bike ride, which by the way was 149 FitPoints, and weighed in at 187lb. This makes me think that I didn't drink enough fluids, only 1 liter or so on the ride. Hydrating...NOW!

Dii+E5NDSdiwEPTnPDcb%g.jpg
Tnyve2cvQqS065dfeUBIOg.jpg
58601991991__26044697-FB8A-4562-A59C-3C44EBE522EF.JPG

@KULKEA MicroApck held everthing I needed to change my flat.
Cz1K7rYNTcyqPRNAhk6dgQ.jpg
LL4tDSpgRwe8sNl%eZuqAQ.jpg

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Woot woot @Philpug ! Good to see how much a great ride takes it out of you, very interesting.

@Tricia I'm with you on picking the real deal foods. Life should be enjoyed, and good food is part of it. That said, I'm learning to build those goodies into my daily/weekly plan, and make smarter choices. For example (1), I prefer cream in my coffee. It hasn't been too hard to switch to black. I started using a manual espresso maker for home, and I prefer it black. At work, I can usually get a 'good enough' cuppa in morning, that's all I need. (2) I started using avocado in my tuna salad in place of mayo. It's a healthy fat, has a lot of fiber, and tastes good. (3) I prefer beef, but beef is heavy and high in calories, so for the time being, I am buying Costco pork chops and finding different marinades to put on them. They're fast cooking on the grill because I slice them lengthwise, and they're a good source of protein that's not chicken. I know you're not a pork person, fish is even better for you. (4) avocado (again) with a drizzle of a really good quality balsamic vinegar on cinnamon raisin toast (Ezekial brand is a good healthy choice for bread). By the way, 1.2 lbs/week is great!

This is what I strive for, it makes sense to me.
Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 11.33.43 AM.png

Sponsor

Staff online