• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TV shows that you want to binge watch but cannot find

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
British show "Danger UXB." It was about neutralizing unexplored bombs in the UK during WWII.

"Reilly, Ace of Spies." Sam Neill plays Reilly a British Spy in the early 1900. Ian Fleming based parts of the character James Bond on him. There are a number of books about Reilly, he was ruthless, a bit of a crud, and highly effective as a spy. He died in Russia in 1925 supposedly by the direct order of Stalin.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
British show "Danger UXB." It was about neutralizing unexplored bombs in the UK during WWII.

I was going to post that one! It IS available on Amazon with an Acorn channel add-on.

"Reilly, Ace of Spies." Sam Neill plays Reilly a British Spy in the early 1900. Ian Fleming based parts of the character James Bond on him. There are a number of books about Reilly, he was ruthless, a bit of a crud, and highly effective as a spy. He died in Russia in 1925 supposedly by the direct order of Stalin.

I have the entire series on US-coded DVD if you really get desperate.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That's the one. Is it included in their regular monthly price or is it an extra cost one. Their web site is not clear on what you get and I don't want to have to cancel a free preview.

You're in Canada so it may be different but ribbon in the corner sez regular Prime.

MentalistCapture.JPG

Breaking Bad

5 seasons on Netflix.

5 Seasons on Amazon Prime

Curb Your Enthusiasm

8 seasons on Amazon Prime

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Some of the cable channels specialize in old shows. You can find some old stuff on these odd channels. I have found the following shows.
The Saint
The Avengers
All In the Family
The Fugitive
There is also a station called START TV that shows series with female stars.
Cagney and Lacey
Cold Case
Crossing Jordan
Medium
Unforgettable
The Closer
Ghost Whisperer
Just to name a few shows.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"TV shows that you want to binge watch but cannot find"

You ever hear the story of Darth Torrent The Illegal?
He was so wise and so powerful he could influence the interwebs and create....downdloads.

Or in other words:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sports Night.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Talking of streaming vs. box sets - is anyone else finding the modern streaming remasters really BAD on dark ambience shows?

Pixellated, with colour artifacts and ephemera all over, and with really fussy brightness so that one loses parts of the picture if the TV isn't set on high gain and offset both.

The Grimm remaster on Amazon is absolutely horrible. There's a bunch of detective shows from the 90s that require the TV set to Sports (blue spectrum, maxed out lighting) to see anything at all. (Credit where it's due - Amazon did a better job on the Farscape and Lexx remasters).

Last edited:

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm dating myself here, but I remember a few shows that we thought were great as kids
The Time Tunnel-on Amazon prime, bur not free
Rat Patrol-
Combat

I'm thinking watching these shows now would be good for a lot of laughs as the special effects are probably terrible compared to today.
I saw an episode of the original $6 Million Man recently and that show was da bomb back in the day. The FX in that show are hilarious watching it now. One scene showed a Russian missile being launched and it literally looked like it was one of those toys where you pulled back a trigger and a spring loaded plastic missile "launched" about 2'. I rewound it several times and showed my kids and we were rolling. Don't forget the cheesy opening of every show where he is running and jumping and the sound effects.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I have not seen any comments on Ray Donovan or Orange is the New Black. Both of these are cable shows so you can get them On Demand. I was watching Ray Donovan but lost track of the show due to some schedule conflicts but it was an interesting story line about a fixer for the rich and famous.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The different mysteries series on Acorn TV.
We just kind of grab one and go. They seem to be all from British Commonwealth countries. Every one we have watches so far has been well written, good acting, amazing sets and props and no commercials. "The Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries",are a great place to start.
For $5/month it is a no brainer.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
For Your Eyes Only skiing scene is on right now :cool:

Sponsor

Staff online