• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

To Whom It May Concern... shout outs to strangers, recent interactions

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To the :poo:head that left a loaded handgun lying in the middle of a green run last week: Really? :doh:

To all the really nice people and families just out to have fun skiing during spring break: :golfclap:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
To Daryl for the great conversation today on Alta's Sugarloaf lift, the run down to Mineral Basin & the lifeline chat. Would've liked to do a few more runs together, but the Chile was delicious!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
To the middle aged couple that sat in the middle of the movie theater VAPING through the whole move last night. The steam clouds you were spewing aren't as disruptive as actual cigarette smoke was. I'm old enough to remember when smoking in theaters was allowed. However, it is still a problem for people behind you trying to enjoy the movie without steam clouds interfering with our direct view to the screen.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
To the middle aged couple that sat in the middle of the movie theater VAPING through the whole move last night. The steam clouds you were spewing aren't as disruptive as actual cigarette smoke was. I'm old enough to remember when smoking in theaters was allowed. However, it is still a problem for people behind you trying to enjoy the movie without steam clouds interfering with our direct view to the screen.

I would think the same rules which apply to smoking would apply to vaping. However, some people who vape do view it differently. I remember we were down in Kansas a few years ago and there was a guy vaping
inside a church.

I have read though as much as people who vape like to believe it is a healthier alternative there are still health risks associated.

Plus as you mentioned, it is annoying being around that big cloud of steamy smoke or whatever it is.

I find it funny -- there is a vape shop in our neighborhood and on really cold days the windows are all steamed up.

Here is my question -- can a 15 year old kid go and buy vaping supplies? My guess is no....

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have read though as much as people who vape like to believe it is a healthier alternative there are still health risks associated.
Formaldehyde, if I recall correctly.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, we were humored on the gondola yesterday (@4ster was a witness) by a lady, in her 60's maybe, when we were discussing different skis for different conditions; any skilled skier can ski any ski in any condition, all that stuff. Then, some metaphors started flying, and hers was, "it's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean!"
Um. Um. Um. (DYING inside!) Perhaps not quite the metaphor to describe it, or, perhaps the perfect one?? What made it extra funny is that I don't think she really realized what she was saying. Or, if she did, she was REALLY astute at keeping a straight, innocent face.

(Said ala Jimmy Fallon): "Thank you, random lady on the gondola, for innocently saying inappropriate things!"

I'm sure she knows. Folks over 60 are that far gone --- yet.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
To the 2 women standing in front of the gates to get on the chairlift waiting for their group. YOUR WAITING IN THE WRONG PLACE.

To the Winter Park instructor who had his whole class waiting at the "wait here for next chair" line, and shrugged to explain, "There's a slow one in the group" : that's THE WRONG PLACE. No wonder people don't know what to do, if teachers are doing this??

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll let you know once I remember what it was I'm suppose to remember.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sure she knows. Folks over 60 are that far gone --- yet.
Oh, I think she might not have known even if she had been 30. I just don't know that she REALLY knew what she was saying, which is partly why it was SO funny!

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm over 60 and to me my Atomic FIS SL 158 rocks my world just as well as my 177 Volkl One.
You may get a different opinion from my wife. :D

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
To whomever popularized adult coloring books, thanks. Though I remain significantly skeptical of media claims suggesting that adult coloring is a veritable wellness panacea, I nevertheless must admit to experiencing zen-like calmness during the mindless exercise, and lately it has helped me avoid garbage television when I don't feel like reading before bed. Still, I simply didn't have the stones to pull out my "Geometric Patterns (Just Add Color!)" on the plane the other day while seated next to a personable elderly gentleman. Even though I wanted to color the complicated triangle pattern on which I had been working, after I learned my seatmate was a Navy fighter pilot in both Korea and Vietnam, I couldn't do it. Too embarrassing? No, that wasn't it exactly. Rather, I was concerned that the sight of a fully grown, middle-aged, dad-bod man with a coloring book would do to that hero what the North Koreans and NVA could not. Accordingly, my coloring book stayed in my briefcase under the seat in front of me while I made small talk and pretended to know the answers to the crossword puzzle.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To the majority of folks who have the common sense to turn their lights on when driving in a snowstorm, thank you.

To the third of drivers driving around Colorado today in true blizzard conditions with their lights off: you are idiots. We can't see you with your lights off! Yes, I know you don't need your lights to see during the day. The idea is to be seen!

I nearly smushed a bunch of you bozos because you are invisible in a freaking blizzard with your lights off!

Rule of thumb: if your wipers are on, your lights should be on too so you can be seen.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To the majority of folks who have the common sense to turn their lights on when driving in a snowstorm, thank you.

To the third of drivers driving around Colorado today in true blizzard conditions with their lights off: you are idiots. We can't see you with your lights off! Yes, I know you don't need your lights to see during the day. The idea is to be seen!

I nearly smushed a bunch of you bozos because you are invisible in a freaking blizzard with your lights off!

Rule of thumb: if your wipers are on, your lights should be on too so you can be seen.
Why is it not a factory setting, if your wipers are on, your lights come on? Seriously..how hard would that be? No lights at dusk is also a problem. I think much of it stems from more and more modern dashboards are illuminated and people do not realize that thir lights are not on.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Maybe it will be better when there are self driving cars. About 50% of the drivers have no idea what they are doing.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To the lady that I loaned my gloves to, thank you for returning them with a nice note.

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why is it not a factory setting, if your wipers are on, your lights come on? Seriously..how hard would that be? No lights at dusk is also a problem. I think much of it stems from more and more modern dashboards are illuminated and people do not realize that thir lights are not on.
I agree and I've seen another variant of that, the daytime driving lights. I think drivers are seeing some sort of light on reflectors ahead off them and think their headlights are on but they are not. They just get that faint glow around the front of their car and no lights anywhere else. See it a lot these days.

Sponsor

Staff online