• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Definitive Ice Cream Thread

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I miss Dastardly Mash. It was one of the early B&J flavors. I am not a huge raisin fan but they worked in that.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Costco/Kirkland vanilla is hard to beat.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Or you can just make your own...

1615219740677.png

1615219778404.png

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
For all my friends from PA. how about Turkey Hill Ice Cream? Very good at a fair price.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I also miss Costco's Hand Dipped Dove Bars, OMG $1.50 goodness.
ICE-CREAM-Me.jpg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Flawed poll! No chocolate chip.

The Brigham's ice cream from the supermarket is pretty good. The ice cream parlors are long gone, but the brand lives on in retail.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tillamook is bar none my favorite grocery store ice cream. The mudslide, the white chocolate raspberry, the chocolate peanut butter, udderly chocolate, hazelnut and salted caramel ... Even the green mint chocolate chip ;-)

King Soopers occasionally has "buy 5, get $5 off" type sales, and yes, there have been summers when we bought five at a time.
Tillamook, yes!! By far the creamiest. One of my favorites is the Coffee almond fudge. And the strawberry is the best! I haven't seen those other flavors, I'll have to hunt around for them

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We need to add peppermint stick, too. And something with caramel.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And something with caramel.

"Chocolate Ice Cream with Gooey Marshmallow Swirls, Caramel Swirls & Fudge Fish"
1615239039298.png

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Coffee ice cream is pretty amazing. Banana split with chocolate, coffee, and vanilla please!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I see we're already thinking outside the poll question...hmmm.... you're suppose to choose one of the nine flavors listed above :nono:

I'm a big ice cream-aholic. When I was a kid and young man, I detested vanilla ice cream. I called it White Ice Cream. I would choose a chocolate based ice cream any day of the week over a vanilla based. I did my time with Ben and Jerry's in the 80's, when Ben and Jerry actually ran the place ( I mostly find Ben and Jerry's too sweet for me now, but that's another story). Over the past decade and a half or so, as "craft" ice cream has sprung up, I've acquainted myself with the true virtues of vanilla, but it has to be good vanilla, not just white ice cream with no flavor. I prefer real vanilla bean ice cream. There are a bunch of craft ice cream makers now and most offer a good vanilla, but surprisingly, Breyer's Natural Vanilla is very good for a large commercial vendor-it only has four ingredients, and one of them is real vanilla bean. It's not as creamy as Haagen Daz Vanilla Bean ( not to be confused with plain old Haagen Daz Vanilla ), but get's the job done on a day-to-day bases-put a little nutmeg and a dash of cinnamon on top and Boom...I take mine with a tumbler of good scotch.

Oh, so my vote is Vanilla, but not boring vanilla ogwink

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I came here expecting wax recommendations for all of these ice cream conditions..

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
True story. Did a project in Waterbury, VT just down the road from Ben and Jerry’s one summer, working on a bridge replacement. Everyday someone from the factory would drop off a pint of factory seconds for each of my crew peeps. It was awesome. So I vote for chunky monkey, with extra fudge.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
True story. Did a project in Waterbury, VT just down the road from Ben and Jerry’s one summer, working on a bridge replacement. Everyday someone from the factory would drop off a pint of factory seconds for each of my crew peeps. It was awesome. So I vote for chunky monkey, with extra fudge.
The factory seconds were awwwesome.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry's. :micdrop:
Everything else you can buy in the supermarket is blah, IMO.

For Penn Staters......there is no better than The Creamery......ice cream from the campus cows...

My personal favorite is Peanut Butter Swirl.....

Sponsor