• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Definitive Ice Cream Thread

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
1615143028064.png

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Strawberry, Cookies and Creme, Butter Pecan, for sure. Could easily be persuaded to give up the Rocky Road, too.
I noticed you don't have the pralines and cream on that list. If want to try an interesting combination, mix the butter pecan with the pralines and cream it just makes both of them better.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Its real hard to beat a GOOD vanilla, GOOD Mint chip, usually not one that is colored green, it a go to. No cheap 5 gallon in a tub stuff, but Breyers, Dryers/Edys, Turkey Hill. The cookie ones, no. Not a fan of Butter pecan or Praline. RR, not so much either. Straight Choc, is a sometimes, as is strawberry.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Its real hard to beat a GOOD vanilla, GOOD Mint chip, usually not one that is colored green, it a go to. No cheap 5 gallon in a tub stuff, but Breyers, Dryers/Edys, Turkey Hill. The cookie ones, no. Not a fan of Butter pecan or Praline. RR, not so much either. Straight Choc, is a sometimes, as is strawberry.

Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry's. :micdrop:
Everything else you can buy in the supermarket is blah, IMO.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Give Tillamook a try if you have it near you.
I think I've seen it around. I'll check it out and report back. :thumb:

Tillamook is bar none my favorite grocery store ice cream. The mudslide, the white chocolate raspberry, the chocolate peanut butter, udderly chocolate, hazelnut and salted caramel ... Even the green mint chocolate chip ;-)

King Soopers occasionally has "buy 5, get $5 off" type sales, and yes, there have been summers when we bought five at a time.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I noticed you don't have the pralines and cream on that list. If want to try an interesting combination, mix the butter pecan with the pralines and cream it just makes both of them better.
I wavered on the Pralines and Cream but it's the next one to be jettisoned, if necessary.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Pralines and cream.

Like adding Hershey's caramel syrup and sliced bananas onto vanilla.

For health reasons like other greasy food like pizza and French fries, an infrequent pleasure. Saturday bought and ate a $3.29 Nestle Drumstick cone from a Walgreens 2 blocks away.

Sponsor