• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tempest Optics new heat-assisted anti-fog goggle (was ABOM)

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bad news. It was snowing today and I had to zip my jacket up over my face. My goggle inserts fogged up terribly and the heated goggle was no help with that. These inserts don’t fog up with any of my other goggles so I’m disappointed. I really like both the Tempest lenses - photochromic and yellow - but I fogged up every time I stopped moving.

@TheArchitect

I'm sorry to hear that and appreciate the heads up.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sorry to hear that and appreciate the heads up.
Thanks. I realized today that these were new inserts and that I hadn't wiped them with the anti fog cloth that I bought with my original set. I wiped them with it this morning and had no issues with fogging - even though it was stupid cold and I was full zipped up over my face with a face covering on. So .... time will tell.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks. I realized today that these were new inserts and that I hadn't wiped them with the anti fog cloth that I bought with my original set. I wiped them with it this morning and had no issues with fogging - even though it was stupid cold and I was full zipped up over my face with a face covering on. So .... time will tell.
Glad to hear it and hope the fog stays away!

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
The photochromic lenses turn dark enough on a sunny day, and clear enough for night skiing. Tempest goggle lenses are so easy to change, but change is not needed with a photochromic lens.

0207241005a_HDR.jpg

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

Zippered jacket over face mask, over face, with prescription inserts inside goggles???? You have to be TRYING to create fog. Yeah, the heated lens will not do much for the prescription inserts.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Zippered jacket over face mask, over face, with prescription inserts inside goggles???? You have to be TRYING to create fog. Yeah, the heated lens will not do much for the prescription inserts.
Buff over chin and jacket zipped up, no face mask. And yet… my uvex goggles (and same inserts) do not fog up under those exact same conditions, neither do my Smiths.

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have one pair of Tempest Optics fog-free rechargeable goggles with 3 lenses to give away to one person on SkiTalk. New, in box, with clear, green mirror, and blue mirror lenses.

Who gets them? I will randomly draw a name from the list of SkiTalk people who send me a private message indicating you want to be in on the random drawing. The catch? YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING, $25 in the USA only.

So if these goggles are not enough of a great deal at $219, how about $25 ???

Send me a private message to be added to the list. I'll draw a random name on or about Feb 29th (Leap day) to select the lucky winner. Once I get the $25 shipping, then they are on the way.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I will say again … this is the best photochromic lens I have ever used and I love the yellow lens as well. They are also the first pair of goggles that Bob has not fogged up in snowstorms. Good luck everyone!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I've had to reglue my second foam strip and part of the third today. I don't understand why they are on the outside of the frame. They continually get grabbed by my mittens pulling them up and down. It's a miracle I haven't lost one yet. I noticed this one dancing in front of my eyes as the wind hit us yesterday.

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I've had to reglue my second foam strip and part of the third today. I don't understand why they are on the outside of the frame. They continually get grabbed by my mittens pulling them up and down. It's a miracle I haven't lost one yet. I noticed this one dancing in front of my eyes as the wind hit us yesterday.

@Sibhusky : The complimentary Tempest goggles I sent you were prototype models before production. The foam was hand-cut and glued on the frame rather than the molded ones for production. Production Tempest goggles in my experience have not had foam releasing from the goggle frame.

Your prototype goggles also have a Poron gasket seal between the inner and outer lenses. Testing of the prototypes with Poron gasket led to a change to the round silicone gasket on the production goggles.

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Has anyone with Tempest goggles experienced loosening or stretching of the elastic headband? I mysteriously have had to tighten the headband on the past few trips. I did not pay enough attention to determine if the headband is stretching or become looser by losing adjustment position through the plastic strap adjusters.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Buff over chin and jacket zipped up, no face mask. And yet… my uvex goggles (and same inserts) do not fog up under those exact same conditions, neither do my Smiths.
I will say, the UVEX goggles amazed me in a wet storm we had back in December. Not a bit of fogging.
And if a goggle was going to fog, it was in these conditions.
I have no idea what kind of fairy dust they sprinkled on these goggles but they work.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 6.09.53 PM.png

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

Vestirse

Putting on skis
Skier
The winner of the free TempestOptics fog-free goggles has been randomly selected.
The winner should contact me with shipping address and send $25 shipping to [email protected] via PayPal. (or make other arrangements).

The winning drawing can be viewed here:
Thanks for playing @Large @Vestirse @trieu @Wasatchman @Joby Graham @OddTurn @MarkP @Hunter @Prosper @Dr.T @Plai @ARL67 @skiki
I am stoked! While I don't sweat anywhere else while skiing, I have mild facial hyperhydrosis and the anxiety I feel at times while skiing triggers my facial hyperhydrosis like nothing else. So often I have had to just take off the mask to be able to see to get down the slope. I think these will really help save my skiing days!

Thank you so much for this opportunity :yeah:

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bob wore his Tempest goggles to clear the driveway in whiteout conditions and they did not fog w- which is freaking amazing for my foggy guy!

That said, I’m selling mine because they do not work with my inserts and I have other goggles that do. I posted them for sale here https://www.skitalk.com/forums/phils-garage-sale-and-ski-swap.34/. If anyone is interested. Worn twice and perfect condition.

Sponsor