• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@firebanex That is a cool shot. Thanks for sharing the story behind it.
I decided to change my avatar to a more current biking picture.
IMG_0120.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
733.jpg.png

This is my old avatar above - a screen capture from MA video towards the end of Taos ski week in Feb 2017. I did go back to Taos in Feb 2018 and took a ski week again. I couldn't ski Kachina or Al's because there was not enough snow! Kachina was brown when we arrived and this was in February, Fortunately it started snowing towards the end of the week and we had a photographer took a pic of everyone in my ski week class. I am on my BMX105 HP (gotten them via pugski) which I love dearly in soft snow!
Taos pic 2018.jpg

Can you tell I am having a good time? :yahoo: :snow::yeah:

Last edited:

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
mine is a selfie I took at alpine meadows, Sherwood side. I think this was the same trip we eventually got robbed of most of our gear, bc I def don’t have that green stripey buff anymore...

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Selfie showing off my new hat from Telluride. Getting ready to have dinner with Phil and Tricia at the Truckee Hotel.
Good steaks.
Its been too long.

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
This avatar replaced the old bump skiing one from the early 2000's. This picture is my 3rd day back on snow after my total knee replacement. It's amazing to ski pain free. And the really weird thing is that my "muscle memory" is still in tack. To feel the joy of 3D movement
Rick Bash 5.JPG
again...priceless...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Selfie showing off my new hat from Telluride. Getting ready to have dinner with Phil and Tricia at the Truckee Hotel.
Good steaks.
That flank steak was fantastic.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
.facebook_1529281797893.jpg

Not a great pic due to poor background lighting. Changed after reading thread about climbing.

Last year, i had signed up and trained for the Triple Bypass ride only to have them cancel it a day or two before the day of the ride due to emergency personnel getting pulled to help with wildfires in the Breckenridge area.
Day of ride, lots of us set off on unsupported rides. I decided to do two of three passes on my own. Many started later since we weren't going all the way to Vail. I did the first climb up Squaw Pass no problem, descended into Idaho Springs, refueled and then headed on towards Loveland Pass. Took longer than i anticipated as it was a gradual false flat all the way to Georgetown and a warm day. Got to Loveland ski resort in early afternoon. As i started the climb up the pass, i noticed dark clouds had come overhead. A couple miles up the climb the lighting and thunder started. About a mile and a half from the top, torrential rain and hail began pummeling me. I stopped, called the wife and told her to come get me as i realized i was not gonna be able to continue on to Keystone or even ride back down to Idaho Springs as i expected to be hypothermic, shortly. I then continued riding up to the top of the pass. After getting to the top, i was numb from cold as temp had drops to 45f and i had no cold weather or rain gear. I had someone else take this pic because my hands were shaking too much to hold camera still for a selfie. Thankfully, wife got there before i was too far gone.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's a lot easier to drive up, ski down, and hitchike up. But cool ride man that must be tough.

Jnelly

Booting up
Skier
IMG_1678.jpg
I can't believe I'm going to admit this story, but my avatar is from Jan 23rd this year...I just skied Grand Targhee for 2 days prior. (Amazing second day...don't remember the totals but overnight there was like 6-8 new... 8-10" during the day and like 10" overnight again) I had planned on skiing Jackson for the first time on day 3 (day of Avatar). JHMountain reported 10" new overnight on a bloody Tuesday! I was amazed when I went...parked wandered around and basically saw zero lines, save the tram...and I mean ZERO waiting at the gondolas...here is the part I beg you not to crush me on...I ended up simply not feeling it...I can't explain it but my heart was not in it so I bailed after about an hour of debating the choice..I have no explanation for it other than the day prior would've been hard to top, I was tired and didn't want to push it and risk injury and I was just at peace with a day riding around the range.
The photo was taken in the parking lot of the National Wildlife Museum while I ate my leftover pizza and gatorade lunch on an absolutely perfect winter day. I had wanted to visit the museum and I'm glad I did. It was worth the missed day at JH...Although I still kinda kick myself for not skiing freshies all day at a world renowned hill. Next time!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Current avatar is me and my friend Brooke in front of the Magic sign after a day of skiing. She's never skied there and it was my pleasure to give her a tour. Oh I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was St. Patty's weekend. ;)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Well, he did leave a space there, making it just a bit ambiguous :D

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
@Ron says you rip, so I'd go with the generous interpretation.

The origin of the saying is from a time I managed to go over the handlebars, double summersault, full garage sale while skiing perfect 20-degree pow in the backcountry.

Reactions: Ron

Sponsor

Staff online