• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just decided to switch my avatar for the season, and I noticed a few others have as well.
Time to bump this thread.

This is a photo of me on my bike near Mammoth 6-20-2011, when @Philpug took a trip with @FairToMiddlin @4ster
That was a fun trip.
IMG_8851.JPG
IMG_8857.JPG
IMG_8865.JPG
IMG_8951.JPG
IMG_8848.JPG

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Mine was taken from the Viewing platform on the Marmolada mountain, in the Italian Dolomites on a perfect bluebird day . It was minus 25 at the bottom ... 3345metres I just happened to spot the helicopter, not sure if he was any higher than we were..

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I just decided to switch my avatar for the season, and I noticed a few others have as well.
Time to bump this thread.

This is a photo of me on my bike near Mammoth 6-20-2011, when @Philpug took a trip with @FairToMiddlin @4ster
That was a fun trip.
img_8951-jpg.47361

I remember that bike, I remember that trip & I remember someone named Trekchick ;).

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I change my avatar quite a bit. We're doing summer now but when it gets too hot and I start dreaming of colder temps and winter I'll likely change it back to a winter theme. My current avatar is me and my prior car staying cool on a hot day.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Oh boy......My avatar is Hank Scorpio from the Simpsons when the Simpsons move to Cypress Creek and Homer works for Globex.

Hank Scorpio is voiced by Albert Brooks and the characters is a laid back, nature loving terrorist who wants to take over the east coast, of course Homer is oblivious......aside of being a great episode the reason I use the avatar is because it's a carryover from Epic....Not that I have a huge presence here, or at Epic for that matter, I'm not a uber Simpsons fan, but I used the avatar when I played fantasy football, has been years since I've done that, but for some reason I just like this picture. It looks nothing like me, although a flame thrower backpack would be cool, but makes me laugh......really, who doesn't love classic Simpsons????

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
I change my avatar quite a bit. We're doing summer now but when it gets too hot and I start dreaming of colder temps and winter I'll likely change it back to a winter theme. My current avatar is me and my prior car staying cool on a hot day.

have to ask how many cars ago was this??

Jeep and now a subaru right?????

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
have to ask how many cars ago was this??

Jeep and now a subaru right?????

Just because I change my avatar a lot doesn't mean I do the same for cars.

It was 1 car ago. I had the sebring before I got my jeep and my avatar photo was taken circa 2013-2014.

Still have Jeep and will trade it in come september when I get the crosstrek.

Not that it matters but I tend to keep vehicles 4-5 years.

Last edited:

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My avatar is me sometime in December 2017 right before Sweep, notably that I have what amounts to a small light bar mounted to my helmet. It doesn't look like it, but the sun is down and it's getting dark out. I had purchased some cheapo LED dive lights as an alternative to headlamps because headlamps don't mount on helmets very well.. Chinese LED dive lights are cheap and have gopro mounts. Last year was my first experiment in helmet mounted lights for skiing. This coming year I'll be moving the flood light to a shoulder mount on my patrol pack and putting an 800 lumen Lupine bike light on my helmet I snagged for 80% off from my local bike shop (It was their display). Should have the best of both worlds, a good flood light coverage and a distance spot light for high speed skiing. The flood works great for all low to medium speed skiing that we do for Sweep, but is insufficient for high speeds. Patrolling in short Alaskan days means I neeeeed lights for Sweep in November, December, and January. It is also an excuse for me to buy more LED lights, I have a minor collection of these things going on..

Following photo was sometime during December as we wrapped up Sweep, myself, my wife, and my sister all with lights (Selfie camera on my phone lightened everything up sooo much, I swear it was really dark.)
20171216_150915.jpg