• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RNZ

aka Ski Kiwi
Skier
Streif - One Hell of a Ride, the documentary of the the 2014 Hahnenkamm has been released in English

http://www.streif-film.at/eng/home/

Even if you aren't a racer it looks like it is well worth looking out for (it will be out on DVD before it hits itunes in this part of the world, but those of you in the northern hemisphere may have more luck)

In honour of its release the Telegraph came up with a list of top ski movies http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/s...he-11-best-skiing-and-snowboarding-films.html

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Holy WOW!
Its interesting to hear Daron's voice in the beginning of this movie clip.
Thanks for sharing.

Johnny Style

Putting on skis
Skier
I am looking forward to viewing the film. Their webpage says it is available on iTunes for download but I couldn't find it in the iTunes store. That was an interesting list of ski films by the Telegraph. At a minimum they gave me some new choices to screen.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I bought and streamed the film through my vimeo account last night with my girls. Awesome film! I thought it was super well done and other than few spots near the end where they failed to translate the course workers German (subtitles would have been fine) it didn't drag on. Going to watch this race in person is now on our family bucket list!

Johnny Style

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks, I went back and saw that the link changed from iTunes to Vimeo. I purchased and downloaded the film for only $13. Yeah.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0145.JPG

I had a good talk with this guy today about it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow that looks cool.
Anyone have a schedile for North eastern US showings?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Bought it on Vimeo...awesome movie!! Now on my bucket list to go see the race with the family.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well I found
Killington
Snowshed conference center
Feb 6 7pm

Looks like it played in Burlington Nov 5.

You also can hold your own showing. How much it costs has to be negotiated with Warren Miller Ent. Depends on venue etc.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Saw it last night. Worth seeing. It's got issues, but if you can see it in a theater I'd go.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We got there about halfway into the movie so we really cannot give a fair review but as Tricia said, it is something that we will want to own and put into the library. It is sobering to see how tough it is to compete as the highest level on skiings biggest stage. They talk about the many courses that can be won with a bit of luck but to win the Hahnenkamm it is all skill. We look forward to watching this from beginning to end.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We got there about halfway into the movie so we really cannot give a fair review but as Tricia said, it is something that we will want to own and put into the library. It is sobering to see how tough it is to compete as the highest level on skiings biggest stage. They talk about the many courses that can be won with a bit of luck but to win the Hahnenkamm it is all skill. We look forward to watching this from beginning to end.
^^^What he said.
The part we saw was jaw dropping. The mental game, skill and physical strength is unimaginable.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
I remember attending a race clinic years ago and one of the coaches was a former member of the US downhill team. He was still pretty young, and I asked him why he no longer skied on the team. He asked me if I ever saw the Hahnenkamm downhill on TV, I answered in the affirmative, he responded that both knees and his back were victims of that run. Retired at 25.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January