• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
To quote Luke Skywalker (to Han Solo):

“Well.....more than you could ever imagine.”

“Oh yeah? I can imagine a lot.”

James

Out There
Instructor
Unless there’s real numbers on operating, this purchase is in the category of buying a “cheap” large boat. You’re going to pay one way or the other.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
What’s the current operating cost?

Not a clue. The following is midsummer verbal diarrhea, but think that it could work.

How many of us have spent $1,000 on a weekend trip . a cat skiing trip, a pair of well fit boots or quality skis (will raise my hand here)? This would be like taking a flyer on a stock.

If this type of investment got you a freebie lift pass for a Gathering that included a day of cat skiing at a really chill ski area for a year or two, would that offset the investment? It well could require further investment later, or if we were smart selling for a profit later, but in the meantime a good time could be had by all. It would probably offer a throwback factor that a lot of members on here have never experienced which might not be a bad thing. Higher the couple who currently own the place, who expressed this as a desire, and see where it could go. Run sleds up and down the bottom of Monkey Creek and you have a whole lot of side country being lift served for us on your non cat skiing days.

Lodging would be the issue in and around Fairfield. There is one maybe two little motels, but the lodge could be opened up and go old time sleeping bags on the floor sofa surfing. The lodge is smaller but nice with a decent little bar opened to the main area and a pretty decent looking kitchen. It would be a Gathering that would end up being more like a family reunion.

Long term build a group lodge at the base area and it could be retirement care facility with lift service and mountain biking just out the door. In the end maybe we can sell it to Vail.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Long term build a group lodge at the base area and it could be retirement care facility with lift service and mountain biking just out the door.

Of all the amenities a retirement care facility might offer, this one appeals to me the most.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Of all the amenities a retirement care facility might offer, this one appeals to me the most.

Great. They could wake me up in the morning, wipe my ass, strap on my skis and push me down the hill. Sign me up for early retirement.

Sounds too much like Vail.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In the end maybe we can sell it to Vail.

And make a huge bundle of money. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Great. They could wake me up in the morning, wipe my ass, strap on my skis and push me down the hill. Sign me up for early retirement.

Sounds too much like Vail.

That's not Vail you are describing. It's Deer Valley.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
“You kids, keep your avy debris off my lawn!”

Sponsor

Staff online