• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I expect them to be the successors of the current WRC, RC TI etc. IMO, that would be more like the Rossi Hero lineup, wouldn't it?

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
And does anyone have more info on the new Rossi Hero skis? Or the new Experience series? I watched a French video, but I am wondering about how they perform compared to the old Experiences...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is Firebird actual race skis, or is it more like Volkl's Code?
The race skis are Firebirds and as @Cheizz mentions below here, there will be WRC, RC Ti versions...like the Heros

I expect them to be the successors of the current WRC, RC TI etc. IMO, that would be more like the Rossi Hero lineup, wouldn't it?

And does anyone have more info on the new Rossi Hero skis? Or the new Experience series? I watched a French video, but I am wondering about how they perform compared to the old Experiences...
Rossi is expanding the Hero collection and will be adding a 78mm Hero Elite Plus Ti which sounds really intriguing, I am picturing a modern day "Classic 80". New Experiences are just that all new. The only that carries over is name and some of the waist widths beign offered such as the popular 84 and 88. the 100 is gone replaced by a 94. The women's Temptation name is gone replaced ny Experience W.

full

full

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Was hoping to treat myself for the holidays. Looks like a St.. Patrick Day present is in order. Slainte’!

If that doesn't work out ... there's always Arbor Day!

My question is about the Volkl - Secret. Is this in any way similar to the older version of the Auras (hummingbirds). I loved the Auras and didn't particularly
like the changes that combined the Auras and the Kiku.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If that doesn't work out ... there's always Arbor Day!

My question is about the Volkl - Secret. Is this in any way similar to the older version of the Auras (hummingbirds). I loved the Auras and didn't particularly
like the changes that combined the Auras and the Kiku.
I could tell you all about the new Vollk but it's a Secret ;)

IMG_2201.JPG

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
When i had the Charger a a "Steals & Deals" winner when it was released one of the K2 reps reached out to me and asked why, I said it was great ski at a low price he said "Well I am not selling them, no one is buying them and I should do something else". I said maybe no one buying them because you aren't selling them. Like many things, people buy for desires, not needs. Just look at what people drive. When a shop does stock a narrow ski, they will tend to take the path of least resistance and (begrudgingly) carry one of the Head Supershapes...not a bad option at all but IMHO the K2 is just as good, if not better. I really hope K2 does not stop producing these for lack of sales..they need to take a stand and keep these in the line up.

I got my Turbo Chargers at my local shop. They ordered 3 pairs, sold them all. They just reordered 2 more and one is already spoken for. My dealer said when they called to order there were only 4 pairs left in stock at K2, and they got 2 of them.

Sounds like they at least sold out the entire production run.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Best comment so far on ‘19 gear:

“Wow- I can start selling ppl on 2 skis again”

-retailer excited about carving skis coming back & being able to not have to say, ya this 105 carves great.

*my thought, perhaps the proficiency level on general public will get an upgrade.

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
That should take some of the confusion of the different constructions across the Brahma line.
I skied the Brahma and Brahma CA back to back during a demo day. While I understand the relationship (the skis are virtually the same in terms of shape and fit comfortably within the same category of all mountain ski with piste-oriented width) I would say that they ski differently enough to deserve distinct names. In Southern VT at least the Brahma is very popular and I think Blizzard is simply trying to capitalize on that. Maybe that works. We should give Blizzard some credit here for using different names for all these similar skis (Brahma, Bonafide, and so on) where most manufactures seem to use the same name across the lineup with a number indicating the different widths.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
We should give Blizzard some credit here for using different names for all these similar skis (Brahma, Bonafide, and so on) where most manufactures seem to use the same name across the lineup with a number indicating the different widths.

You mean like Black Pearl?

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The race skis are Firebirds and as @Cheizz mentions below here, there will be WRC, RC Ti versions...like the Heros

Rossi is expanding the Hero collection and will be adding a 78mm Hero Elite Plus Ti which sounds really intriguing, I am picturing a modern day "Classic 80". New Experiences are just that all new. The only that carries over is name and some of the waist widths beign offered such as the popular 84 and 88. the 100 is gone replaced by a 94. The women's Temptation name is gone replaced ny Experience W.

full

full

full

full
Phill, thanks for the update on the Rossignol Experience line. Big change for the Experience 100. I couldn't make out which ski is the new 94 underfoot. Is it the red one on the far right?

TS
Michael Kane

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
I do like the look of those Rangers. How are they?

Sponsor

Staff online