• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
It is getting to be that time when we starting to see something pop regarding next year's stuff. Anyone have any information, rumors or anything regarding to new gear. Have seen minor teasers for new boots by Fischer and Nordica, Anyone got anything else.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tis the season when leaks start coming out. Of course there has been talk of the new Salomon/Atomic binding. We are headed up in a few hours to spend some time with @Daron Rahlves to talk about it and play with it. I have been on some the 18/19 gear already and have been taking a lot of notes. I have been holding back publishing due to the time sensitive nature and respect to the shops that still have this years gear on the wall to sell. But since you did ask..I will leave you with this teaser of the all new DPS Foundation Cassiar 87. The review is in it's final edit mode and will be published shortly.
full

Last edited by a moderator:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What time of the year does Blizzard release their new gear? Has their been any leaks?
I will see Blizzard soon. I can say two things about Blizzard for next year...Race skis will be called Firebird and there will be a Rustler 9. We will also be seeing a Tecnica Mach HV (or whatever they will be calling a High Volume Mach boot).

Völkl: the Mantra replacement will not be called Mantra
Head: Kores are pretty much sold out, if you want one. get it now, there will NOT be an early release of 2019's so don't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
I will see Blizzard soon. I can say two things about Blizzard for next year...Race skis will be called Firebird and there will be a Rustler 9. We will also be seeing a Tecnica Mach HV (or whatever they will be calling a High Volume Mach boot).

Völkl: the Mantra replacement will not be called Mantra
Head: Kores are pretty much sold out, if you want one. get it now, there will NOT be an early release of 2019's so don't wait.
Awesome to see the Firebird branding come back, really excited considering I am probably going to get some new GS skis later in the season. Also excited to see a rustler nine, it was a gap in the Rustler lineup for sure, could be a ski I get later down the line. I hope they don't change the Brahma up too much since I am about to buy a pair of 2018s and would hate to make a mistake and have the new ones come out super early 2018.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Blizzard is adding a Sheeva 9, which is something I'm eager to get on.
A few boot changes, as @Philpug said, the New Mach HV.
And.....The Bushwhacker is back @Josh Matta
That should take some of the confusion of the different constructions across the Brahma line.

More to come from K2, Blizzard, Dynastar, Renoun and more....:popcorn:

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
That should take some of the confusion of the different constructions across the Brahma line.

Will that Bushwacker actually be the Brahma CA with a different name? I have never been confused about the Brahma and Brahma CA by the way...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Will that Bushwacker actually be the Brahma CA with a different name? I have never been confused about the Brahma and Brahma CA by the way...
I'm sure many of us are not confused. After all, we're smarter than the average bear. But the "average" skier walking into a shop gets confused and the "average" ski shop kid doesn't necessarily understand it or know how to explain it.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Oh geez, another Sheeva for me to drool over?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Atomic Vantage Collection is all new, as is the Backlands. Let me start my write up on the Shift binding.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Head is adding a 99mm wide ski to their Kore series for 2019.

Head rep dropped off a new for 2019, V-10 V Shape. 85mm wide with fairly wide tip and tail, very slight tip rocker, no tail rocker. A very nice carver that does short and long radius turns at will. Also very light weight.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great does that mean “this” years gear goes on sale?

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was hoping to treat myself for the holidays. Looks like a St.. Patrick Day present is in order. Slainte’!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Some skis do not change construction or top sheet graphics and those skis give the ski shop the option of NOT going on sale in March but instead get mixed in with the next season's inventory.

If a ski shop gets their purchasing right they will be sold out of this season's most popular skis and popular sizes well before March. In other words if you are shopping for price, you don't usually get the best ski or size. OTOH if it is a bad snow year and sales are slow then there could be great choices and prices come March.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid