• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You need the poles to go with them.
IMG_0620.JPG

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm thinking that the split tails are almost legit longboard day skis at 195, and the Mark IVs are fun spring retro day skis. That makes a decent 2 pair retro quiver. No room for anything else more than 15 years old inside though. I'll keep both in service, especially if I can share 737E Salamon heel pieces back and forth both having the same gauge demo tracks, with the 737 toes to go on the Olins. @Royal might be able to hook me up to make that happen. I'm all in if those show up.

Those poles are awesome... But, would serve better in a home where they can be proudly displayed with the skis and for total overkill... with Phil's orange Lange boots.If I had those poles they would be sequestered to a closet 364 days of the year.

You can send me 3-4 very small Pugski helmet stickers though. We didn't get the little ones last time. Have 3 helmets needing stickers.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I came up with a way to get two retro pairs out in display.. sort of.. Wonder how long before MrsCrgildart notices more gear in the living room? She was a little pissed about the skateboards hahaha. Olins can go right next to the Hansons tucked away behind the coat tree, umbrellas, and porch flags.

WP_20160307_003.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
the 737's will be on the way in a couple of days;)
Don't send to me...Don't need them. Plus I will be coming through Utah next week anyway.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^I believe that was directed at me. Thanks, can't wait to get those Comps and peek under the GEZEs to see that was there previously. May have been 626s? Went from bad to worse hahahaha!

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I'm thinking that the split tails are almost legit longboard day skis at 195, and the Mark IVs are fun spring retro day skis. That makes a decent 2 pair retro quiver. No room for anything else more than 15 years old inside though. I'll keep both in service, especially if I can share 737E Salamon heel pieces back and forth both having the same gauge demo tracks, with the 737 toes to go on the Olins. @Royal might be able to hook me up to make that happen. I'm all in if those show up.

195cm MIGHT be legit for a woman on longboard day, but any self respecting male knows that 210's are the expected MINIMUM...
just say'n :cool:

Royal

UTAH
Skier
the 737's will be on the way in a couple of days;)
Unfortunately, while cleaning the bindings before shipping I noticed some cracking int the heel cups on either side of the tab. I do not believe it is worth shipping them.
sorry about that.

20160308_082610_resized.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Look what I put together today!

20160309_213119.jpg
20160309_213142.jpg

The bindings came off a pair of Volant FX-2s destined to be part of Volant only Adirondack chair. I liked the color match with the skis. These will work with my Fischer RC4 Pros which match the yellow in the Dynastar OR Raichle Flexons that are black, purple and green. I will likely have them out tomorrow and will write the requisite review. The bindings checked out pretty well with the release calibrator. No exploding heels.

I owned these skis when they were new and as I only skied telemark back then, they were originally mounted with Voile releasable tele bindings. They are foam core with metal. 86-68-77 for a radius of about 57m. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Since Doug just mentioned Reichle Flexons I thought it would be nice to show the boots, mine are from 1985 if I remember correctly. Any thoughts what they are worth?

I went to those exact ones from my Polaris's thus being in same pair Flexons for about 25 years..I upgraded the liners 4 times and the shells about 5 times but they were the same Flexons.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I went to those exact ones from my Polaris's thus being in same pair Flexons for about 25 years..I upgraded the liners 4 times and the shells about 5 times but they were the same Flexons.
They are great boots just not for me anymore. The proof of their greatness is the fact that Full Tilt is even in business.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Unfortunately, while cleaning the bindings before shipping I noticed some cracking int the heel cups on either side of the tab. I do not believe it is worth shipping them.
sorry about that.

View attachment 4955

OK so much for the invincibility of the Equipe Salomons LOL! I'll take my chances on the Geze's set low for a few runs if they don't arrive already blown up. Thanks for checking!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK so much for the invincibility of the Equipe Salomons LOL! I'll take my chances on the Geze's set low for a few runs if they don't arrive already blown up. Thanks for checking!
Demo bindings. Yuck.

Royal

UTAH
Skier

Demo bindings. Yuck.

to be fair, these were the metal Equipe toes mated with a plastic demo heel, not the standard metal Equipe heel. I wonder if these were franken bindings or if Solly sold them this way.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
to be fair, these were the metal Equipe toes mated with a plastic demo heel, not the standard metal Equipe heel. I wonder if these were franken bindings or if Solly sold them this way.

Yeah, don't be a knock'n the EQUIPES!!!

It's still a 'metal GOOD/plastics SUCK' world...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^The fact that they are orange pretty much proves Salomon sold them that way. Perhaps it is a 737 E problem with thew 727E and 747E being metal heels?

Sponsor

Staff online