• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sandals with socks - Yes or no?

Socks with sandals?

• Yes

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 70 66.7%
  • Poll flawed

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
This poll is a bit irritating (because my side is losing).

. In the cold (or heel desiccating dry heat of the desert where I spend time) socks are necessary to preserve my feet.

Eric
Yes to that. My heels sometimes get cracks in just sandals. I often wear socks w/ sandals to beach or river.
Usually they come off there. Sandals only back to car.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
403330-4e9aedd2bfc42f6f01df7a450940e163.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm in and out if the house so much with the kids and stuff, I ain't putting on shoes and I ain't taking off socks..

You'd love the felted alpaca socks I saw over the weekend. Provably stand up to Ophelia-grade wetness. Next best thing to valenki.

Shove them into a pair of clogs, zoccoli or whatever the Bolivians call those things with the spurs and you're good for mud duty.

EDIT: nvm, with your hip issues better stay with the flat soles.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That fact that y'all are not aware that white socks with Birkenstocks is what all the cool 19yo kids are wearing shows how old you are.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Or parents.

Unpossible. Category mistake.

Parents can absolutely not know what all the cool kids are wearing, or they would not be cool.

Anyway, you seem to be up on these style things, should I grab this rain jacket for gravel rides?

It looks like it could be a cool kid thing, otherwise it would just be hideous beyond words.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Unpossible. Category mistake.

Parents can absolutely not know what all the cool kids are wearing, or they would not be cool.

Anyway, you seem to be up on these style things, should I grab this rain jacket for gravel rides?

It looks like it could be a cool kid thing, otherwise it would just be hideous beyond words.
I'll meet you halfway on this and concede that's dads can't know what's cool. But moms are sneaky and find out a lot of inside dirt through the Mom Network.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll meet you halfway on this and concede that's dads can't know what's cool. But moms are sneaky and find out a lot of inside dirt through the Mom Network.
Pfft. My kids look to me to know what's cool! :roflmao: We all wear socks and sandals.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ I wore Crocs for years while my kids laughed. Then I gave each of them a pair. Now they’re cool.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Of all the random polls on the site, this one might have the most surprising results to me... I would have guessed that "Yes" would have gotten 1, maybe 2 percent of the vote. Shocking!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ I wore Crocs for years while my kids laughed. Then I gave each of them a pair. Now they’re cool.
If Idiocracy becomes reality any more than it already is, I'm blaming you!

"TIL that everyone wears Crocs in the 2006 movie Idiocracy because the costume designer had a limited shoe budget, and thought the cheap plastic shoes made by the then startup company were futuristic yet too stupid looking to ever become popular in real life"

Sponsor

Staff online