• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
I notice Secret Agent Man's avatar is the graphical depiction of both where the slope= zero and a minima.

Wrapping my message in an XY form and a curve form, 2 different but related languages, is my attempt to communicate my message to the audience as efficiently as possible. I studied technical communication in college.

My message? I want a $500,000 slope-side condo for $300,00 3/4 of the way up Alf's High Rustler. I want a special price because I am a special person.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There are definitely male skiers who have issues with female skiers. One guy at our lesson club tries to avoid skiing with an examiner and erstwhile big mountain competitor... because she's female. When I get stuck skiing with him, not only is he ... let's just say lacking in social graces ... but he consistently gets himself in over his head.

:rolleyes:
I skied with a group of 3 today--Friday is my day off from work, and I lucked into running into two excellent instructors after my first run. Since the steepest terrain has yet to open, they were skiing in "my playground". What a hoot. Got an excellent tip that I had forgotten, too. Oh, they're male. They didn't seem to put off to HAVE to ski with me. :poo:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Click on Profile name.

upload_2018-12-11_6-46-31.png

upload_2018-12-11_6-50-56.png

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Wrapping my message in an XY form and a curve form, 2 different but related languages, is my attempt to communicate my message to the audience as efficiently as possible. I studied technical communication in college.

My message? I want a $500,000 slope-side condo for $300,00 3/4 of the way up Alf's High Rustler. I want a special price because I am a special person.
You certainly have a point. But like most, I'm special and above average.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Let's take a deeper look into that window. When I become leader of the world things are going to change. You know how golf has separate tees for men and women because women can't drive the ball as far as men? Separate tees is correct. I might decide to pass a law mandating separate golf courses for men and women. You heard me. Man-only golf courses.

Skiing? Every top-tier ski area in America will display a large portrait of a famous male skier from America's past over the entrance to the main lodge/chalet. There will be about 20-30 top-tier ski resorts. Whose portrait will be displayed at Aspen Mountain? I can give you a hint. He was accidentally shot and killed by a French woman.

Long deceased friend won the North Dakota Amateur championship twice back in the 60's. His mother won it 5 times. They made her tee off from the men's box.

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Let's take a deeper look into that window. When I become leader of the world things are going to change. You know how golf has separate tees for men and women because women can't drive the ball as far as men? Separate tees is correct. I might decide to pass a law mandating separate golf courses for men and women. You heard me. Man-only golf courses.
So what do they do with MEN who can’t drive the ball as far? Make them tee off from the women’s tee? ;)

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I do not like skiing in groups or with even 1 other person because I am a lone wolf and want to do it 100% my way 100% of the time. Skiing in groups requires compromise. Skiing with groups that include women is the absolute worst scenario. You must behave yourself and if you ski your best women will give you the cold shoulder because you are showing off. Ain't no 2 ways about it. One Man Band is the only way to go skiing.

Skiing alone isn’t always a choice.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
There are definitely male skiers who have issues with female skiers. One guy at our lesson club tries to avoid skiing with an examiner and erstwhile big mountain competitor... because she's female. When I get stuck skiing with him, not only is he ... let's just say lacking in social graces ... but he consistently gets himself in over his head.
I knew a guy who quit his job because he got a female manager..true story.. :huh:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I knew a guy who quit his job because he got a female manager..true story.. :huh:

I'm sure she was devastated. (Some) people are dumb.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Luckily for me I learned at an early age that women can be absolute badasses on the slopes. When I was 14 I went to ski camp in Oregon and Kim Reichelm was my coach. Damn, could she ski. I can't imagine being so self-limiting that I would only ski with other men. Some of the best skiers I know are women.

For me. anything more than a foursome is too cumbersome to keep together for more than a run or two. I've had a lot of fun skiing with a partner, but it is rare to find a partnership that works out well for both: similar abilities, terrain preferences, and approach to the sport. The last few years I've had fun skiing with my son, but I won't be able to keep up with him this year and next year he'll be off to college, so I'll probably just go back to skiing alone, which I don't mind at all and was my default setting for years.

James

Out There
Instructor
Whose portrait will be displayed at Aspen Mountain? I can give you a hint. He was accidentally shot and killed by a French woman.
Well Aspen Highlands has Cher's portrait from that era. She was far more successful actually.

IMG_1809.JPG

Such a great photo. Sorry about the flash reflection. Never seen a copy of this elsewhere.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid