• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
We had a kid in the shop who was looking for a ski boot travel bag, going to Europe for ski training. Is this where he's headed?

Could be, however most teams are training on the glaciers this time of year- Hintertux (Austria) , and Saas Fee (Switzerland) for sure, also Tignes (France) is re-opening now. There are many options for Fall glacier training even with the extra warm Summer Europe had this year.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Hoping for a few WROD's (white ribbons of disappointment) at my Little Three (Liberty, Roundtop, Whitetail) by mid December.

Here's what today's conditions look like.

upload_2018-10-14_14-9-17.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Last week that would have said 74º ... at that rate, it should be cold enough in another 4 weeks. ;)

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Buddy nabbed some wet snow turns off top of Killington Saturday. Thursday or Friday opening is the hot rumor.

10-13-18.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm.... I know a lot of people that have rock skis. I don't know too many who have a designated grass ski.
think.gif

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's not grass, it's the Pre-St. Patty day snow. :D

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When is your resort opening?

Some resorts in Tahoe have optimistic expectations for opening day this year, while others seem to have a later than usual projected date.
  • Mt Rose - October 26:eek:
  • Mammoth 11/8
  • Squaw/Alpine 11/16 (not sure if they will open Squaw first or Alpine, or both at the same time)
  • Heavenly - 11/16
  • Kirkwood - 11/21
  • Sugar Bowl - 11/30
  • Sierra at Tahoe - 12/1
  • Northstar 12/1
  • Diamond Peak - 12/13
  • June - 12/21
I was informed that the projected opening date for Northstar is not 12/1, but 11/16.
From I-80 it doesn't look good for Northstar, but their web cams show that they've been making a lot of snow in the past week or so.

Also, heard that Squaw is on target to open on time with runs above Gold Coast station.

Sponsor

Staff online