• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
There is a hierarchy when roughing in. Guess who doesnt come first? This is what you see when a particular fella doesnt follow the print a few times or goes first one to many times. Normally, duct work, plumber, elec, then communications. It is pretty simple. The harder it is to bend, the more room they get to work.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I am actually drawing in a new 200 Amp Main/Circuit Breaker Panel in new wall now, and I don't see any problem at all with the Rigid PVC Conduit at the back of the panel. The electrician just need to cut a section out of the middle and pull the overhead wire down the conduit and the underground wire up the conduit and into the panel.

If I am wrong, please let me know now. Because I hope to submit these plans next week.
Surely you jest.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
120181995_1367200400291209_4001721576253368713_n.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My cousin just called and asked if I would loan her $300.00 to help her pay her rent. Those who know me, know that I'm always willing to help out friends and family. I told her to give me some time to think about it and I would call her back. Before I called her back, my aunt called and told me that my cousin was lying and not to give her the money. She goes on to say that the real reason my cousin wanted the $300.00 was to get her boyfriend out of jail so she could be under the same roof as him for his birthday. I thought about it for a minute and decided to give her the $300.00 because we all need help at times. So, I called my cousin and told her to come and get the money. A couple of hours later, I get a call from the County jail. It was my cousin crying, screaming and asking why I gave her counterfeit money. My response...so you and your boyfriend could be under the same roof for his birthday!

Tim Hodgson

PSIA Level II Alpine
Instructor
OK I understand the confusion. That is not PVC water pipe. Which is white. (Which I would not use for water anyway.) Rather, it is U.V. resistant gray electrical conduit for pulling 12 AWG THHN Solid Building Wire to carry primarily AC current. I like it. It lubes up really well and you can pull relatively long lengths of multiple conductors (wires) for long distances. See below:

1600998877254.png

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
OK I understand the confusion. That is not PVC water pipe. Which is white. (Which I would not use for water anyway.) Rather, it is U.V. resistant gray electrical conduit for pulling 12 AWG THHN Solid Building Wire to carry primarily AC current. I like it. It lubes up really well and you can pull relatively long lengths of multiple conductors (wires) for long distances. See below:

View attachment 110906
Your wall would have to be pretty thick have a sweep come in the back of the panel. Conduit from the bottom and top, there would be no problem. Though if it is in a wall, there is no reason for conduit from the top. If you are running UG it is probably code that you have glued conduit on the feed side. The white as pictured is for waste and also used for venting not pressurized potable water. As per the pic, I would guess there is an upstairs bath. 3 pipes, 1-4" for the toilet, 2-3" for a vent and sink/shower drain.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What is the maiden name of your father's mistress

That is a strange question. If she is his mistress, then it isn't her "maiden" name. Its just her name. In the unlikely event she is divorced, and hasn't reverted her name, what is the chance you know this?
She could also be currently married.

Sponsor

Staff online