• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Late Feb. at Monarch.

DDC3558F-F098-41CA-AADC-9C4864E58D6C.jpeg

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
Noncrazycanuck: "... a run leaving Diamond Bowl @ Blackcomb, called Calvin and Hobbs"

Crudmaster: Mmmmm. Love them Spanky's Ladder runs.

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
Killington, the day before they closed; I did ski the next day, but didn’t take any pics. I snapped this pic around 4:10 on my way back over to Bear Mt. Lodge. For some reason, I just had this weird feeling and decided to just stop mid-traverse to take it. It was a beautiful day of skiing; the mountain was empty and peaceful.
752D815B-5800-4025-B325-6CB275A1B4C2.jpeg

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I already posted my last picture taken while skiing from my phone (no. 2 in this thread - from Wilbere Lift at Snowbird on their closing day).
The last picture skiing from my camera was taken near the bottom of what I think is High Rustler run at Castle Mountain, AB on Feb. 28.
The skier is one of the few who never willingly wears a helmet.
IMG_2354.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Does 'Alpine' always mean 'Alpine Meadows'? ^^^ This one obviously is AM as Lake Tahoe is in the background.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does 'Alpine' always mean 'Alpine Meadows'? ^^^ This one obviously is AM as Lake Tahoe is in the background.
To people who ski Tahoe it does :P. Just as "Tahoe" means the general area, not just the lake.

I am lucky enough to also have skied Alpine Valley (in Wisconsin), but never confuse the two.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This was the last pic on my phone when Snowbasin was open to the public on March 15. This is the John Paul rotation crew right before sweep. View attachment 102611
That is a picture for the history books. Did everybody know the ski area was closing for good by the time that photo was taken? What was the general mood of the patrollers?

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That is a picture for the history books. Did everybody know the ski area was closing for good by the time that photo was taken? What was the general mood of the patrollers?
This photo was taken at the end of the day right before we started our final sweep of the season so we knew it was over. We were told that it would be our last day open to the public around noon that day. The general mood of the patrollers was sad resignation as we saw it coming after the Vail and Alterra shutdown the previous day. I was completely bummed out because I look forward to spring skiing every season. Many were concerned about finances as we were expecting at least 4 more weeks of employment. My personal immediate reaction to the announcement was to take 3 "Patrol run" laps in No Name terrain because the skiing was so good that afternoon. We all had concerns how we were going to "tear down" the entire mountain since we usually tear it down over a period of 3 weeks and we had not started yet.

Sponsor

Staff online