• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marten

Booting up
Skier
Last day of coaching for the winter, May 22 Åre Sweden. GS for only one athlete. We used snowmobile for transport the last 5 weeks of the season.
EE754577-46EB-484B-B114-47F4FD9BB1FB.jpeg

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jane, March 9, in front of the start of the Superstar Glacier, home of the Women's WC races at Killington. The lift is beyond the mound of snow, which gives you an idea of the reserve they build every year so you can ski until June. My last runs of the year on March 13 were down Superstar after a rainstorm had nicely softened up the snow. I wish I had taken a photo of that as the blue skies came out and the snow was glistening, but I thought I'd be back in a few weeks for the NE Gathering!

IMG_20200309_124454062.jpg

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I am quite familiar with this hill along the Hoback River. Every time I drive past it on the way to Jackson Hole with my wife she says "someday I'm going to paint a picture of that rock". I've been hearing this for 15 years, and she has yet to paint it. She has about a bazillion pictures of it on her Nexus tablet, and hangs it out the window of the car and clicks away at that hill.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I am quite familiar with this hill along the Hoback River. Every time I drive past it on the way to Jackson Hole with my wife she says "someday I'm going to paint a picture of that rock". I've been hearing this for 15 years, and she has yet to paint it. She has about a bazillion pictures of it on her Nexus tablet, and hangs it out the window of the car and clicks away at that hill.
It's named "Battle Mountain" (there are two Battle Mountains in WY) because apparently just after Wyoming achieved statehood some Indians who had hunted there for centuries needed to be chased off so a group from Jackson was organised and went down there. No shots were fired so it wasn't much of a battle. I've always stopped there just to take in the view. It would be a fairly short skin up and about the right pitch for some fun turns (if I were 25 years younger).

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's the last photo that I have taken this season so far
Last week, 4 hours into the NZ season I tore my medial ligaments on my knee.......
Somehow I think I wan'ts supposed to ski this season; I originally planned to head to South America for my 60th which is now in a few days
It's a long shot but hopefully it wont be the last photo this season........

Bugger.jpg

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Last week, 4 hours into the NZ season I tore my medial ligaments on my knee.......
Somehow I think I wan'ts supposed to ski this season; I originally planned to head to South America for my 60th which is now in a few days

View attachment 107591
Heal well, MCLs can heal on its own... This is a good season to miss, considering everything that is happening.,,,

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
My last photo of the season was Dave's Deli with people not social-distancing in any meaningful way. Skiing was actually pretty decent that day, so I didn't take any snow pictures.

I wish I had taken pictures of our drive back to the Bay Area next day (we bolted through the storm after the resorts closed), the most surreal drive down ever, plus a couple of really hairy moments...

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sadly, this was my last ski related pic, thought I might buy these beauties...
20200307_125649.jpg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 107591
Well, I can't give that post a like, but your spunk for pulling out a camera to take that shot is heroic! ogsmile

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heal well, MCLs can heal on its own... This is a good season to miss, considering everything that is happening.,,,
Nothing happening in New Zealandthough
Whilst I can’t ski because of my injury all of our mountains in New Zealand are now open , so it’s not a season to miss at all.

James

Out There
Instructor
Is that Mikaela?
This guy would have a cigarette 20 yrs ago-
087DD94F-6E83-44A9-8AEC-7BE2CA919759.jpeg

View attachment 107591
Sorry to hear about the injury. Nice view on the way down!
I’m watching Shark Week’s 30th anniversary.
At least you weren’t munched on while surfing.

Last edited:

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
Holy crap - €2400 = $2830. Includes a Bogner outfit?
Yeah, it's a trifle rich. It was in Kitzbühel, which as a mountain town in a landlocked country, boasts a yacht shop, next door to a car rental outlet which stocks mclaren and ferrari .

Aquila

Getting on the lift
Skier

View attachment 107591

Agh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's not a season ending injury - we've got at least another couple months left of the ski season in NZ, so maybe you've got a chance...!

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
March 13 at Vail. It was a great day. Afternoon powder and no one on the mountain!
20200313_143843.jpg

March 14 at Beaver Creek. Not looking good.
20200314_100508.jpg

Took some pictures along the river at the end of the day in Avon. We left the following morning.
20200314_182509.jpg

Seems surreal that this used to be possible. Looking forward to getting on the mountain again ... sometime.

Last edited: