• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been in Salters many times, a lot of history went up in flames in the fire. I do recall one of the very few pairs of Kastenger Porsche Design boots were on display. I would be very suprised if it was an error in the shop, theback shop there was the cleanest and most organized backshop I have ever seen.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
In my opinion, Elk pulled the nose up on the weekend beautifully - All my friends were b*tchin' and moaning about how the conditions were going to be Friday morning but the mountain team really did a nice job getting the place in shape. It skied super well for getting all that rain/snow mix Thursday - hard and fast, but with good bite. We had a blast on Saturday too, nice crowd but nothing crazy. No Sunday stop for us this year, as everyone was definitely was worked over by two long days on the mountains (and the shenanigans that followed after).

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Elk Friday night and last night. Got to agree Elk does a great job taking care of the hill. Think Friday night skied better than last night. The best snow on the hill was on Tioga last night and Susquehanna Friday

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I will be at Blue Mtn tomorrow if anyone is around. Look for the old guy on the Head Rally Skis and blue Technica boots. I will check in the morning if anyone replied and look for them at Blue.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Looks like we've got about a dozen peeps hitting Laurel Mountain this weekend. We'd be happy to see some of yous guyz teu...

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree on the Elk comments...I skied it last Tuesday on a school snow day...and it was in great shape...they really have done a nice job despite the rain/freeze events we’ve been having.

If school is out tomorrow...I’ll be up there again...Halfway House lunch/beers.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree on the Elk comments...I skied it last Tuesday on a school snow day...and it was in great shape...they really have done a nice job despite the rain/freeze events we’ve been having.

I’ll be up tomorrow night for sure with this snow coming in.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Elk skied great again this morning.....light snow did wonders for the top surface. Should be good this afternoon/night for @Scrundy.

Uncle-A

Skier
I skied Blue Mtn today and it was in great shape. Only saw two trails that were closed. We had flurries all day and when I cleaned off the truck to go home at three it was about one inch of snow on the hood. Of course they blew snow all day on all trails.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Great night at Elk! Skied from 6:00 pm till almost last chair. Grabbed me a wing man, there was some poaching going on. He is one of “them” ( snow boarder) but keeps beer in his backpack , go figure.

Them 95s came in handy as everything was pretty tore up. Snow was heavier then I would of liked but great great base snow. Skied the blue and green mostly because the blacks were bumping up pretty good and didn’t feel like skiing bumps all night. Made a couple runs on both just to get the feel again. Wish they let something bump up for us night skiers.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Up coming weekend sounds awesome. Good snow, 100 % open and decent weather. Thinking 1st tracks maybe in order as I expect it to be busy. Web cam shots indicate to me that Asp may be bumped up. Getting stoked.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fun day at Camelback today. 4 hours from 830 - 1230. Busy but not over run. Good conditions, Asp had bumps, Marjies had whales and everything skied well. Even got a first run on Pharaoh as they opened it close to 10 am. Got to ski with a friend who we used to ski with when our kids were on the race team and had a good time. Will hit it again tomorrow.

IMG_3152.JPG

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
Fun day at Camelback today. 4 hours from 830 - 1230. Busy but not over run. Good conditions, Asp had bumps, Marjies had whales and everything skied well. Even got a first run on Pharaoh as they opened it close to 10 am. Got to ski with a friend who we used to ski with when our kids were on the race team and had a good time. Will hit it again tomorrow.

View attachment 64465
Thinking of going to CB on Wednesday if anyone is going to be there post it here and maybe we can get a few runs in.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Camelback good again today. So much better when the whole mountain is open, going end to end. BTW sorry Elk and Blue guys but IMO Nile Mile by far the best cruiser in the Pocono's. No pics today too much skiingogsmile

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Looked for you yesterday @4aprice -- we never focused on one part of the mountain. Kept waiting for the crowd at the base of Stevenson to die down -- we skied 9 - 5 and it was a wait every time we hit it! Surprised they're not running the Raceway lift.

Anyway, I agree, Camelback was good yesterday -- great that it's 100% open. We'll be up again this Sunday.

Aaron

PS. College has broken up the kid gang this year -- anyone out there with some 13 - 16 yo teens, I got one that could use some ski buddies lol

Sponsor

Staff online