• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Official, Unofficial Steamboat Thread

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like I'm incoming to Steamboat the weekend of February 27th.
ohh, hoping to hit WP but tried (and still may) get others on trip to opt for Steamboat. however likely will Amtrak which means WP. If we drive, then I'm pushing Steamboat ... :(

Reactions: Ron

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Awesome! I'll be there that weekend also for a cat trip on Monday the 29th. Skiing the resort on Sat/Sun.

My fingers are in my ears and I'm singing *lalalala* regarding cat skiing. But I expect I'll ski Saturday at the resort. My mom will be in town and after her health scare and saga since Christmas I need some serious mama time.

Reactions: nay
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Skied with @JeffB and family yesterday. Great to ski with pugs! Great guy and a solid skier. Looking forward to his next trip out here.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Its dumping here! :) nice to see especially given the dire forecast. So no snow predicted last week until the 24th has turned into 12-24 predicted this week. :yahoo:

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
20 minutes into climb out from HDN, that last post hurts ...

Many thanks to @Ron for good turns and great company yesterday. Perfect way to cap off the trip -

Now getting to work planning the next one.

Reactions: Ron

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Next weekend is now questionable. Mom isn't out of the woods on the infection and has to have another surgery on Monday. She's so disappointed as they were supposed to be pulling in today.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
The mountain is struggling to find its rhythm, we got about 8" this week and it looks like a few more are coming through Monday but the temps have been hanging in the no-where zone, it's not conducive to thawing enough to give us the sweet soft snow we had earlier this week. Its been pretty flat and today is another day to practice relaxed skiing. :)

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Next weekend is now questionable. Mom isn't out of the woods on the infection and has to have another surgery on Monday. She's so disappointed as they were supposed to be pulling in today.

So Sorry to hear! Good thoughts and prayers sent for mom; she's more important.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Headed up the AM for what looks to be a full on Blue-B day! The mountain is skiing very well. Some new is predicted for tomorrow/night. Tuesday may be a soft day.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
See last snow day forecast for awhile is Monday, followed by a long dry spell. We fly in to Hayden on Wednesday, first ski day will be Thursday. Even though we'll be there a full week, no champagne powder for us. :( Guess I'll only need carving skis for this trip.

Finndog, will you have any availability for making some turns Feb 26-Mar 1?

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry.... :(

Sponsor

Staff online