• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Official, Unofficial Steamboat Thread

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I am not skiing:nono:

There's a solid foot if not more up there and its still coming down. I am sure its heavy and wet :yahoo:

No, really, its probably really good, temps overnight were about 12* and its still only 14 with very light winds. Its all good, I have had a ton of great powder days and there's more coming up this weekend.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I am not skiing:nono:
There's a solid foot if not more up there and its still coming down. I am sure its heavy and wet :yahoo:
Yes, I'm sure it's terrible, especially with all of the spring breakers there just ripping it to shreds. You're certainly not missing out today;). If you tell yourself that enough you might actually start believing it.

Missed being at Steamboat this year but will get in a couple of days at Bachelor with my boys starting tomorrow.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Yes, I'm sure it's terrible, especially with all of the spring breakers there just ripping it to shreds. You're certainly not missing out today;). If you tell yourself that enough you might actually start believing it.

Missed being at Steamboat this year but will get in a couple of days at Bachelor with my boys starting tomorrow.

Yes, those texans just love aspens! :roflmao:

I need to take a few days off so I can be ready for the crew on Saturday and Sunday. Having some respiratory issues again and need to get to PT as much as possible.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, those texans just love aspens! :roflmao:

I need to take a few days off so I can be ready for the crew on Saturday and Sunday. Having some respiratory issues again and need to get to PT as much as possible.

We need a dislike button for this.

If my wife hadn't invited in her best friend from college and her fam for the next week, I'd be coming up tomorrow night and letting you show me those powder stashes we looked at with actual powder in them:eek:

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
forecast for tonight through friday

SNOW ACCUMULATION...8 TO 14 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS
ON WEST AND NORTHWEST FACING SLOPES.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
forecast for tonight through friday

SNOW ACCUMULATION...8 TO 14 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS

So long as I can get there safely I'm totally good with that. :yahoo:

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
@coskigirl and @Blue Streak just keep an eye on this one. The timing is starting late tonight and rolling through tomorrow afternoon but with addl snowfall over friday night.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND JUNCTION HAS ISSUED A
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM
THIS AFTERNOON TO 6 PM MDT FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WARNING HAS
BEEN CANCELLED.

* TIMING...SCATTERED LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE THIS MORNING
WITH SNOW INCREASING LATE THIS AFTERNOON. PERIODS OF SNOW
CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION...8 TO 14 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS

* WINDS...WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* IMPACTS...ROADS WILL BE ICY AND SNOWPACKED.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I thought about trying to get up tonight but that would put me driving the Silverthorne to Steamboat stretch in pitch dark which I don't think is an option. I have an important conference call at 4:30 so I can't get out of here early at all. Nevermind that I haven't packed.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Fuuuunnnn day yesterday with @tam @Blue Streak @coskigirl and her friend. Although we didn't get the snow others got, there was a lot of really nice leftovers and the groomers were a magical Blend of softness and grippiness that made them too much fun. Bumps were soft and a blast. We made a couple laps into Holy bowl which is just out of the gates into a virtually untracked face. It was great to make some final turns with Tam who I will miss! Skied to the base for some great food and a beer to end a great day. Oh, and how could I forget the first Pugski Grouse Wrangling session too. ( Need pic posted please).

image.jpeg

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
So dont tell anyone but its still winter here.... We skied in single digit temps in the AM on about a solid foot plus on an empty mountain.. Today was leftovers served with a fresh 3" topping. Here's my Friend Gary.

gary.jpg

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
calling @Ron
We are going to be in Steamboat Thursday/Friday. I know the mountain is closed and you will be in Summit, but we are going up to console a young ski racer whose season ended with a vey serious crash.

We wanted to take him out to dinner and are looking for your advice on where . It should be a special treat but not too stuffy.

Thanks!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Well my favorite is bistro cv. There arent any stuffy places here. It's more upscale but still relaxed. Check hours due to mud season. You can sit at the chefs bar and watch them cook.

There's also E3 steakhouse.

Laundry (on 11th)

Let me know if I can help. Have fun and enjoy.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Ron thank you. The chop house was the perfect choice. We were lucky to be heading to Fraser from the west since Berthoud was closed for 3 hours last night. Hope you are enjoying the fresh in Summit.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like a perfect weekend. Even though I'm loving my new town, I really do miss my old home!

Glad you are liking the new town! It looks like I'm headed to Calgary in late July or August, perhaps we could meet up for dinner or something?

Sponsor

Staff online