• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So today.....
I was skiing with @Rich Peters (who had stem cell therapy on his knee) @Philpug (who threw his back out on his 2nd run) @Jed Peters (who is coming off of a broken leg from two seasons ago, but doing great) @LouD-Truckee (who has an upside down thingy for his back) @4ster (who is taking it easy because he had *maybe* something goin on in his knee) @Rainbow Jenny (who is the only person who doesn't seem to have some kind of ailment) and lets not forget me (with a swelled right foot because of Plantar faciitis).

Dang its tough getting old(er) especially when we beat our bodies up on a regular basis.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bummer I missed it because my quads are shot! But the Achilles tendonitis is much better.:golfclap:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So today.....
I was skiing with @Rich Peters (who had stem cell therapy on his knee) @Philpug (who threw his back out on his 2nd run) @Jed Peters (who is coming off of a broken leg from two seasons ago, but doing great) @LouD-Truckee (who has an upside down thingy for his back) @4ster (who is taking it easy because he had *maybe* something goin on in his knee) @Rainbow Jenny (who is the only person who doesn't seem to have some kind of ailment) and lets not forget me (with a swelled right foot because of Plantar faciitis).

Dang its tough getting old(er) especially when we beat our bodies up on a regular basis.
Fun, not fun! Rainbow Jenny is so fun to ski with-I would like to tuck her into my pocket, because her mellowness and joy are contagious, and very much rub off on me.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bummer I missed it because my quads are shot! But the Achilles tendonitis is much better.:golfclap:

You kids (my kids are older than you guys) have no idea....yet. [no smilies available]
Every chairlift ride made me think of the big table at the local diner where I worked in high school, with a bunch of old people talking about the things that were ailing them. It kinda cracked me up.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So today.....

If I knew Phil was only going to do two runs I'd have come up. HA!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I was skiing sort of, down a black diamond mogul run today thinking: "I'm skiing like an old man" and then much to my relief I realized: "I am an old man". So no worries, getting down the mountain anyway you can, regardless of how it looks, is all that counts.:)

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
If it is any consolation, my leg felt better as the day went on. After skiing a run of small bumps with @LouD-Truckee, I ended up continuing till 2 PM when the fog finally left mountain run.
Maybe Phil should’ve just kept going and the back would have worked itself out ;).
53154182-A41E-439F-98BB-DAB411002C3D.jpeg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
glucosamine and Ibuprofen are my friends. One every day and one everyday before I get too active.

Scared to go to a doctor, he will want to replace a knee or two, a couple of hips, shoulders, and I am trying to get out of here with original equipment.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
My neighbor, who is 10-15 years younger than my daughters, used to be a competive telemark big mountain skier, recently had his "bad" knee replaced and a shoulder tendon realigned. He's looking at similar surgeries in a month on the other side. Getting it all cared for before the mountain biking season.

We do tend to be self-abusive

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So today.....

Fun, not fun! Rainbow Jenny is so fun to ski with-I would like to tuck her into my pocket, because her mellowness and joy are contagious, and very much rub off on me.

Hum ... maybe @Rainbow Jenny being the only healthy one a not so lucky rabbits foot???? :roflmao::roflmao:

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I'm sitting here after four days of hard snow. Rolling my soles over a lacross ball.

Skiing does start at the feet.

I just hope the goodness makes it up to my knees..... ;-)

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I missed you all today because of a morning boot fit. @AmyPJ you were right! Boot doc liners rock. I could have joined the old folks group though. I am coming off an IT Band injury and hurt a tad tonight after 2 days of wonky left ski followed my today’s wahoo skiing!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
glucosamine and Ibuprofen are my friends. One every day and one everyday before I get too active.

Scared to go to a doctor, he will want to replace a knee or two, a couple of hips, shoulders, and I am trying to get out of here with original equipment.

I have 3 friends that have had hip replacements and one who had double knee replacement. All four were very happy with the results...even raved about it.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
So today.....
.......... and lets not forget me (with a swelled right foot because of Plantar faciitis).

2 cents on plantar fac............ 10 yrs ago got this really bad had to give up hiking and long walks.
Went to doctors of several types, spent lots of $ and nothing worked. One day I was riding up a chairlift with a stranger and the conversation turned to new boots and then foot problems and I told him about my plantar. He stated he had had the same thing and went to a boot maker guy in Spokane and he solved his problem.

Next time I was in Spokane I went by this boot shop (not ski boots just regular boots), he checked my feet and told me I was wearing shoes 9.5 for year and years that were to small for my feet. I bought a pair of 10.5 reg. shoes. Told me to buy a high arch sole insert and I did. Started wearing these shoes and 3 or 4 days later the plantar disappeared and has never returned. All my shoes and boots are 10.5 now and all have a high arch sole insert.

Worked for me.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I missed you all today because of a morning boot fit. @AmyPJ you were right! Boot doc liners rock. I could have joined the old folks group though. I am coming off an IT Band injury and hurt a tad tonight after 2 days of wonky left ski followed my today’s wahoo skiing!
Do tell! New boots, too? Or just the liners? I have come to face the music that if I end up in a new boot, I have to add the cost of the BDs to it (if it's vastly different than my current boot.) But, they just fit and give performance like nothing else.

Sponsor

Staff online