• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2 cents on plantar fac............ 10 yrs ago got this really bad had to give up hiking and long walks.
Went to doctors of several types, spent lots of $ and nothing worked. One day I was riding up a chairlift with a stranger and the conversation turned to new boots and then foot problems and I told him about my plantar. He stated he had had the same thing and went to a boot maker guy in Spokane and he solved his problem.

Next time I was in Spokane I went by this boot shop (not ski boots just regular boots), he checked my feet and told me I was wearing shoes 9.5 for year and years that were to small for my feet. I bought a pair of 10.5 reg. shoes. Told me to buy a high arch sole insert and I did. Started wearing these shoes and 3 or 4 days later the plantar disappeared and has never returned. All my shoes and boots are 10.5 now and all have a high arch sole insert.

Worked for me.
The Plantar F has pretty much gone away but my foot gets swelled from time to time. I always wear a good footbed and quite often I wear a PF sleeve on that foot.
Being in a ski boot actually feels the best.

You're hang out with the wrong people. ;)

Hey now!!!!!

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Plantar F has pretty much gone away but my foot gets swelled from time to time. I always wear a good footbed and quite often I wear a PF sleeve on that foot.
Being in a ski boot actually feels the best.

Hey now!!!!!
You should try some original (not the newfangled ones with the soft footbed) Dansko's. Rigid footbed/clog fixed my friends PF.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look what arrived, just in time for self medicating....not to mention the monthly AARP magazine :D
758E6266-7D90-4DB1-966C-F9136D05BB53.jpeg

@JeffB

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Scared to go to a doctor, he will want to replace a knee or two, a couple of hips, shoulders, and I am trying to get out of here with original equipment.

Stay away from those guys- they just find out ways to make you sick- and broke in more ways than one.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Do tell! New boots, too? Or just the liners? I have come to face the music that if I end up in a new boot, I have to add the cost of the BDs to it (if it's vastly different than my current boot.) But, they just fit and give performance like nothing else.
The whole kit and kaboodle! I lived with those too big Kryzmas for five years so it was time. Since o retired last June, I am now able to travel for adjustments. I came to see Bud because of your endorsement of the boot docs. It was a good choice and worth every penny!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The whole kit and kaboodle! I lived with those too big Kryzmas for five years so it was time. Since o retired last June, I am now able to travel for adjustments. I came to see Bud because of your endorsement of the boot docs. It was a good choice and worth every penny!
That's fantastic. They are definitely worth the money. Glad you like them!

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I feel your pain CalG, no really I do. :)
I couldn't walk for 2 days. Those damn SL skis. It will get better, time heals all. Have a wonderful ski season.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I feel your pain CalG, no really I do. :)
I couldn't walk for 2 days. Those damn SL skis. It will get better, time heals all. Have a wonderful ski season.
Back at you!

Any issues that come off snow hardly show a blip compared to the smiles on snow. Ain't gravity a gift!

I used to have broad shoulders, gravity sent that bulk down to it's present resting place (above the navel) ;-)

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Third day skiing this season today and skied mogul direct fall lines most of 5 hours stopping little. Relaxing in motel not sore at all. Am past SSA full retirement age but am 1 in a 1000 for aging slowly, probably long telomeres. Some gray hair, minor arthritis in knuckles. Never smoked tobacco drink little infrequent meat. BMI 21 22 most all life. Hike, backpack, dnce, never gym.

Use it or lose it. In any case, sooner or later age catches up with all of us. None of us gets out of here alive.

Last edited: