• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mountain biking 2019

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There is a bumper sticker seen frequently: Bend Sucks- Don't Move Here. Median house price $460k, up from $180k in 2012.

Reactions: nay

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There is a bumper sticker seen frequently: Bend Sucks- Don't Move Here. Median house price $460k, up from $180k in 2012.

:( :doh:. I've long been meaning to check it out with the same idea in mind. Crap.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
They are promising some weirdly cold temperatures for next week, so I need to use these still relatively warm days and some newly discovered trails in my backyard.

Sequence 01.00_01_43_25.Still001.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bend is on my list to hit for riding. I’ve driven through many times on travels between CA and WA and always wanted to stop and explore there.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
My 'mt' bike for the next few weeks.

IMG_20190914_190227539.jpg IMG_20190911_090802987.jpg

'Routine' scope to clean up meniscus and remove loose bits. I was off pain killers within a day and have great ROM. I'll be back in time for a few rides before ski season kicks into high gear.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
what is going on in that last pic?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Caption: Dammit, I already AM in first gear!
Yeah, he needs a 30 tooth already, right?
What a fun day we had showing Phil and Trish a perennial fav, the Brim trail at Powder Mountain!

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad to see everyone is having a good time today.

Seems like once a season I biff MTBing and today was the day..
Nothing is broken, but the list of scrapes is long.....

What happened? Blind jump that had a 5' gap and depth. Didn't know until too late. Ouch..

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

What happened? Blind jump that had a 5' gap and depth. Didn't know until too late. Ouch..

I eschew gaps and jumps. I try to keep my wheels on the ground, or at least close to it, just like when I'm skiing. The repercussions of failed landings in either sport are significant.

Heal well and quickly.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I eschew gaps and jumps. I try to keep my wheels on the ground, or at least close to it, just like when I'm skiing. The repercussions of failed landings in either sport are significant.

Heal well and quickly.

I guess it wouldn't help if I said that I thought it was a roller on which I would get a little air..... Talk about blind.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier

I feel your pain! Thursday evening i overestimated my single track skills on my first MTB ride of the season on a trail I'd never been on before. Went over the handlebars on a tough downhill section and lucky to not have a concussion. Do have some scrapes though.

Think i should stick to road riding.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

Heal well and quickly.

yeah except tons of time around here on the ground is technically more difficult and more jarring. With the advent of droppers and our new ROM jumping has never been easier and instead of riding chunk you just learn to pump and air over it.

Lots of jump were done today but only video I got was turning my Trance into a Stumpjumper

@4ster man dont go too fast down that, right into the road.

Sponsor

Staff online