• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mountain biking 2019

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I eschew gaps and jumps. I try to keep my wheels on the ground, or at least close to it, just like when I'm skiing. The repercussions of failed landings in either sport are significant.

Heal well and quickly.

relevant video

staying on the ground is tiring,.

Reactions: nay

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I eschew gaps and jumps. I try to keep my wheels on the ground, or at least close to it, just like when I'm skiing. The repercussions of failed landings in either sport are significant.

Same.

Around 57, I realized that I was losing my "jumping gene".

I kind of fought it for a season, then just gracefully accepted it.

I'll still ride darn near any ground level technical challenge. Maybe that's why I still love Moab!

EDIT: I guess I still love Old Man Air (long and low) just like I do on skis!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Yeah much harder to jump with a road height seat post........

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Have I preached to you about my personal lord and savoir the Maxxis Shorty aka the best tire for loam/mud ever made and amoung the worst on wet roots.

p4pb11929418.jpg

Literally a product I recommend to noone unless you ride my home trails.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
So I got a new Toy. Gopro Hero 7, literally game changer for POV video capture IMO. the combination of Superview and Hypersmooth give you a gimbal like video with having to lug around a gimbal.

This was a quick little test lap this afternoon.

please excuse my dog's sport collar transmitter.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I have had them forever, but the video was choppy no matter especially chest mount. The 7 black(and black only) really makes a high quality stabilized video.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think a GoPro would be a lot of fun. Love the purple bars.

You weren't around for the last round of anodized color components, I guess.

Onza.png

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I had purple bar-ends until about 5 years ago..I finally replaced them because I was worried the bonding would fail and I'd go arse over tea kettle... That was the style back in the day....

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I had purple bar-ends until about 5 years ago..I finally replaced them because I was worried the bonding would fail and I'd go arse over tea kettle... That was the style back in the day....

honestly for endurance racing they are pretty great. On SS bike you can get a ton of leverage pulling up on them. They are kind of liability for aggressive riding though......

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
honestly for endurance racing they are pretty great. On SS bike you can get a ton of leverage pulling up on them. They are kind of liability for aggressive riding though......

:D:D:D :yeah:

Still on my bike, albeit much reduced.

IMG_4843-01-01.jpeg
I

Sponsor

Staff online